deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Rules] Lord of Tresserhorn + Mindslicer  (Read 786 times)

crimsonking

• Decks
[Rules] Lord of Tresserhorn + Mindslicer
« on: March 05, 2017, 10:50:01 am »
I'm building a Lord of Tresserhorn deck for EDH.
If I cast my general and, let's say, sac Mindslicer to him, the discard trigger resolves after my opponent draws 2 cards, is it correct?

Firegriff

• Decks
Re: [Rules] Lord of Tresserhorn + Mindslicer
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 05:10:01 pm »
If you let him resolve first.  If you trigger while he is resolving, then no.

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 07:45:13 pm »
If you let him resolve first.  If you trigger while he is resolving, then no.
I mean: I sac Mindslicer AND let him draw 2 cards altogether, then I get priority and put the Mindslicer's trigger on the stack.
Is it correct?
I don't think I have any choice on resolution's order, it's either this way or the other.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 08:24:46 pm »
I meant you wait after casting Tressorhorn.  Then after they draw, sac mindslicer.  Meaning wait until Tressorhorn is on the field, after they decide whether or not to try to counter him.  When he is on the field, you lose 2 life, sac 2 creatures (Tressorhorn himself if you have no others or only one) and they draw 2 cards.  Then you activate mindslicer.  Personally, I like Thraximundar or Nekusar, the Mindrazer or Sedris, the Traitor King.  Too high a price for the commander for my blood, since Thrax easily overpowers Tressorhorn after 3 sacrifices from any player(s).  If they goal is card draw, Nekusar both makes them draw every turn and stabs them for every card they draw.

TigerAge

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 10:24:01 pm »
You cast Lord of Tresserhorn. When he enters the battlefield, you lose two life, you sacrifice two creatures und an opponent draws two cards. When this triggers left the stack, then the trigger of the Mindslicer will be added to the stack. With no pause an no priority lose.