deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] White Token Generator (Please help me make this deck better!)  (Read 402 times)

Heredero

• Decks
Hola la verdad esta super lento contra un deck rápido no duraría 4 turnos  te recomiendo que si es tokens lo mezcles con verde y uses paginas como http://www.mtgassist.com/search.php?similar_to=Ghostfire%20Blade&results_number=20
en esa pagina vas poder escribir el nombre de una carta y abrirá paginas con cartas similares esto acelerará tu proceso de busqueda de cartas creo que te pueden servir los decks de tokens q ya estan en está pagina tambien

Arachnium

• Decks
I can only read in English

Ynfinity

• Decks
Or you know... you can pass it through a translator...

Anyways... I'm not sure what the purpose of the deck is. Is it a 60 card singleton? Or did you just throw a bunch of cards together and need some help setting an actual deck up?
Remember this; The first attack is always a bait. It's a basic thing to attack with the second move.

Arachnium

• Decks

Anyways... I'm not sure what the purpose of the deck is. Is it a 60 card singleton? Or did you just throw a bunch of cards together and need some help setting an actual deck up?

In general I was going for a deck that generates tokens and adds buffs to them. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong :/ pretty much all of the cards seem to go well with each other...

Ynfinity

• Decks
Honestly, and I might be overlooking something, but the only combo I see is Built to Last coupled with Ovalchase Dragster or Sky Skiff. The problem is, you have 2 Built to Last, and two vehicles. The probability of comboing them is quite low.

Another problem I see is that you don't have consistent tokens. You have Captain of the Watch, which gives a boost to soldiers, but only have Boros Elite, Raise the Alarm and to an extent First Response that goes well with it.
Remember this; The first attack is always a bait. It's a basic thing to attack with the second move.

Arachnium

• Decks
Honestly, and I might be overlooking something, but the only combo I see is Built to Last coupled with Ovalchase Dragster or Sky Skiff. The problem is, you have 2 Built to Last, and two vehicles. The probability of comboing them is quite low.

Another problem I see is that you don't have consistent tokens. You have Captain of the Watch, which gives a boost to soldiers, but only have Boros Elite, Raise the Alarm and to an extent First Response that goes well with it.

Okay, I will remove the built to lasts and vehicles. Do you have a suggestion for types of cards to replace them?

I know that I don't have consistent tokens and that's because some enchantments/sorceries affect specifically artifact creature tokens, while others effect creature tokens. Is it bad to focus on two Token types instead of one? What if the opponent has a way of dealing with one type or the other?

Warden of Silence

• Weeb, comic nerd, theater geek, also hella cute
  • Decks
Hello.

So Ynfinity brought up the good point of consistency. Typically, you'll want multiple copies of the key cards in order to draw them more often. Not only that, but the theme needs to be consistent as well. Having and Elf deck, for example, won't benefit much if you also include some Vampires. I think before doing anything else, you need to figure out a theme a little bit more. With that said, I'm going to list off some powerful cards that are typically seen with token decks.

A great card for tokens is Intangible Virtue. A very basic anthem effect, but also very powerful. You will absolutely want this in a token heavy deck. Because this deck is mono White, Honor of the Pure is another nice card to take advantage of. Hero of Bladehold is a strong card in tokens. While 4 mana might be pricey, being able to create tokens with each attack while boosting all of your tokens can be very powerful. You can also take advantage of some Planeswalkers. Elspeth Tirel, Elspeth, Knight-Errant, and Elspeth, Sun's Champion can all be powerful cards.

Other useful cards can be Brave the Elements, which can help you finish out the game, Path to Exile, to remove some threats, and Timely Reinforcements in case you are falling behind.

Now, the most popular token deck in modern is Black White Tokens. Lingering Souls can be fully utilized with the flashback cost. Black gives access to hand disruption, which can take our opponents key cards that can really mess tokens up. Thoughtseize and Inquisition of Kozilek are both wonderful cards here. Bitterblossom is a very nice card that gives a constant supply of tokens every turn. We also get another buff card, Zealous Persecution. This can give that extra amount of damage and sometimes kill some of our opponents creatures. Fatal Push is another spell to remove more creatures. Finally, we have access to another Planeswalker. Sorin, Lord of Innistrad, and Sorin, Solemn Visitor, can both be strong cards for tokens.

With all of that, I think the biggest changes need to come from the goal of the deck. With various one offs, there isn't a consistent goal that can be achieved. I suggest looking at the cards you enjoy the most or what you think are the most powerful and building around that. Hope this has been helpful to you. Good luck!
Symmetrical effects are fair.

Blacklabel

• Decks
I have a white token deck I like quite a bit, and I'm pretty new so I get where you're coming from.  In my opinion, Elspeth, sun's champion is the best token generator out there, start with those, then get gather the townsfolk (similar but better than raise the alarm), increasing devotion, martial coup, and timely reinforcements are all pretty slick.  Then, as has been mentioned, get some anthems starting with increasing devotion, and I also like spear of heliod, just for some extra removal on hand.  I don't like the idea of having equipment or individual buff effects in this deck.  The intent is to overwhelm with numbers, if one is bigger than the others, it's prone to removal.  Tokens win when they flood the board.  I've also found 22 mana makes my deck run much nicer, allowing me to consistently play my big ticket token generators, and really overwhelm opponents, but I just play casually.

Arachnium

• Decks
Thanks everybody for your tips and such :)

Unfortunately, I have no source of income to purchase new cards with so I will just have to wait (until after my back surgery and I get on social security income).
On the bright side however, my birthday is tomorrow and my cousin (best friend) will be visiting. He is the only one I play magic with since I have no other friends who visit me (I guess not many people want to deal with somebody who's confined to a bed all day). Anyway, hopefully he'll bring me a present tomorrow and it if he does, it will most likely be magic cards. In which case, I'll be doing some editing of this deck :)

Wow, that got personal really fast. Lol  ;D