deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Naya Séance Land Destruction (BASIC IDEA, ANY SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED)  (Read 291 times)

ComingUpCway84

• Decks
Naya Séance Land Destruction

Just an idea I've been playing around with lately, still needs a fair bit of work. Basic concept is to blow up our opponent's lands using a combination of Fulminator Mage/Avalanche Riders/Acidic Slime, and Séance (arguably one of the most underrated cards of Innistrad block) until either they scoop in frustration or one of our big finishers can close out the game. Said finishers are Sun Titan- which is not only a massive vigilant body, but lets us recur Fulminator Mage/Ghost Quarter every turn; or Reveillark, which swings in for four in the air, and when it leaves the battlefield it can lead to incredibly harrowing turn wherein our opponent loses four lands, and more often than not calls the game.

This is just the basic outline of the deck, there's a lot of refining and sideboarding yet to finish, but ultimately I feel like this has the potential to be a really fun and different take on a somewhat established archetype.

Ynfinity

• Decks
You better get bright pink sleeves for this deck...

So, lands. You seem to be running a bit much of them. Wooded Foothills won't be much help, considering you only really need red mana for only creature. Take away those, put in another Mountain, Plains and Sacred Foundry, and you should be good.

Reveillark seems to be a big part of the deck, so adding another would be good, while doing away with a Sakura-Tribe Elder.
Remember this; The first attack is always a bait. It's a basic thing to attack with the second move.

ComingUpCway84

• Decks
I was thinking more of a lilac, but your suggestion is duly noted.

Yeah, the land count is kind of in flux at the moment, I've been flipping between 23 & 24. I decided to go with the latter bearing in mind that my big game-ending plays are both 6 mana, and I REALLY need to be hitting my drops, but I'll try dropping one and see what happens. But as much as I'd love to drop some fetches, I'm not sure that's the way to go. It's true that I only need mountains for a couple of creatures, but my strongest starts are when I can drop a fulminator mage on turn 3, and follow it up with an Avalanche Riders turn 4. As a result, the fixing is a frustrating, but necessary evil to get double red consistently on turn 3.

You may have a point about Reveillark, it's an incredible card in the deck. But I'm curious as to why you'd want me to get rid of the Elder. It's a great blocker and Ramp on turn 2 that gets me to my big stuff faster. I could maybe try Wood Elves in the slot? It's more expensive, and doesn't readily get itself into the graveyard (which is irritating), but it DOES search up more cards, and the fact that the land comes in untapped could be relevant.

ComingUpCway84

• Decks
Re: Naya Séance Land Destruction - Comments
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 10:42:40 am »
Trying out Wood Elves and did shifting about of slots.

Revision 2

Added/removed cards:
-3 Sakura-Tribe Elder
+3 Wood Elves

Changed amounts:
-1 Commune with the Gods
-1 Forest
+1 Reveillark

Ynfinity

• Decks
Or violet? Violet may be a fitting colour.

So anyways, back to lands. While I do understand your want to consistently get red mana early on, Windswept Heath can already get you Stomping Ground and Sacred Foundry, making Wooded Foothills slightly redundant. You might as well spend the money on 2 more Sacred Foundry, which would bring you at 22 lands.

I wouldn't completely get rid of Sakura-Tribe Elder. I guess I should have been a bit more clear, but I was suggesting only removing 1 Elder, which would have brought the count down to 2. It's better than Wood Elves since it gets you any basic land, which could be useful if you just can't seem to get a Stomping or Sacred. And I just noticed Satyr Wayfinder... This guy has never worked out for me, so I'm completely biased when I say f ck that card.
Remember this; The first attack is always a bait. It's a basic thing to attack with the second move.