deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: [Modern] Myrs with Swords  (Lida 251 vezes)

Bigmop

• Decks
[Modern] Myrs with Swords
« em: Março 22, 2017, 01:51:58 pm »
Metal Zerg

I was making a deck based mostly, if not entirely off of the Myr card type. I really liked the idea of having a bunch of Myrs out on the battlefield powering up even more Myrs with equipment and other such things. I also saw Tezzeret, Master of Metal and fell in love with the card. Any thoughts on some sideboard additions or more efficient cards that might improve the deck but keep it in touch with the original theme?

« Última modificação: Março 22, 2017, 02:09:58 pm por Bigmop »

Jabilac

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Myrs with Swords
« Responder #1 em: Março 22, 2017, 05:03:39 pm »
Nice Myr Deck.  I like Tribal decks :)

On to your card choices.  I think Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas is the better Tezzeret.  Digs for Artifacts, Turns artifacts into 5/5 creatures, or drains life for the win!  I would consider him over Tezzeret, Master of Metal even though its a great card name :)

Academy Ruins would be a nice land for this deck also Cavern of Souls would work to stop counters.

Thirst for Knowledge or Thoughtcast are both great draw spells for artifact themed decks.  Better then Avarice Amulet because they doesn't have the downside.

Sword of Fire and Ice, Sword of Light and Shadow, Sword of Feast and Famine, Sword of War and Peace, Sword of Body and Mind are all great equipment that provide protections from colors and very beneficial effects.  You could also run Trophy Mage to tutor up any 3 cmc artifact or Trinket Mage to find 0-1 cmc artifacts.

What about Myr Enforcer?  Gets cheaper to cast based on Artifact count and is a 4/4 so outta Lightning Bolt range and 7 cmc so outta Fatal Push range.

Also I think it would be better to remove Tezzeret's Betrayal and replace it with Go For The Throat its more thematic and its decently costed for an almost unrestricted kill spell.  Fatal Push or Dismember would be better but Go For The Throat is fun for this deck imo :)

Edit: Also cut yourself down to 60 card maximum.  Its not worth the reduction in draw possibilities to run 63 cards.
« Última modificação: Março 22, 2017, 05:05:55 pm por Jabilac »

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
Re: [Modern] Myrs with Swords
« Responder #2 em: Março 22, 2017, 05:12:31 pm »
EDIT: ahh, beat me to it Jabalac :P

I like the idea of Myr tribal a lot, and your deck looks pretty solid. If you want to keep to the tribal + equipment theme, Stoneforge Masterwork would be a perfect card for the job. The more Myr you have, the more buff it gives :)

On the Myr front, getting a little more muscle in the form of Lodestone Myr or Myr Enforcer could go a long way to closing out games. Lodestone Myr is especially nice with Myr Galvanizer, since you can tap everything to buff him, then use Galvanizer to untap everything... then tap them again!

Finally, having a way to get back your best cards is important, so maybe run a couple copies of Myr Retriever to get back that Galvinizer your opponent Lightning Bolted.

To make room for these (4 Stoneforge Masterwork, 2 Lodestone Myr, 2 Myr Enforcer, 2 Myr Retriever), I'd probably cut the 2 Avarice Amulet (not a bad card, but Stoneforge Materwork just does what you want to be doing better), and 2 of the 3 Pennon Blade (same reason, Stoneforge does basically the same thing for WAY less mana). Then for creatures, since your equip costs are so much lower without the Amulet or Blade, you could probably cut the 2 Brass Squires. Darksteel Myr is a great blocker, but so is Myr Enforcer, and with affinity, I think it's actually more powerful, so you could probably cut those as well. Finally, for the last two slots... I'm really not sure, I want to say Myr Superion, just because there are cases where it can get stranded in your hand, but it's power level is just so high it would be a hard cut. Maybe just cut 1 and only run a single Myr Enforcer? In the end, it's totally up to you since it's your deck.

At the very least, I hope this gives you something to think about, and if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask! :)
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.