deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Unbelievable Demons  (Read 412 times)

angorashi

• Decks
[Modern] Unbelievable Demons
« on: April 07, 2017, 04:43:22 am »
Unbelievable Demons

Seriously, who in their right mind would play any of these cards? the drawbacks.. they're.. they're too much!

Okay, the bread and butter of this deck is Heartless Summoning. It's why we're comfortable playing all these relatively high CMC creatures. It makes Myr Superion free, turns sin prodder and dusk urchins into 1drops, and makes most of our heavy hitters 2-3 cmc, allowing us to empty our hands of high mana creatures extremely quick- which is good, because we're going to deal a heavy blow to our opponent by removing their hand with sire of insanity! bonus points if you get their hopes up with master of the feasts or shah of naar isle first ;)

Abelavalos

• Decks
Re: Unbelievable Demons - Comments
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 11:48:11 am »
How do you cast Myr superion? thanks a lot
(solved, with the enchangment)

Nice deck!

deineltan

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 01:02:28 pm »
you can't use heartless summoning for myr superion because you need mana produced by creatures

angorashi

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Unbelievable Demons
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 02:39:07 pm »
Thanks Abe :)

Deineltan, In this case you are incorrect- the phrasing in myr superion specifies that only mana SPENT on it must come from creatures, without actually specifying that mana MUST be spent at all. This is reasonable because it has a cmc of 2, after all. However, heartless summoning brings its effective casting cost to zero. You're not spending any mana to cast it and thus where the non-existent mana comes from is a moot point.

Myr superion is a staple in all heartless summoning decks, I've found, but you get used to needing to explain it to folks who have not encountered it before :)

TZx

• Quotes are pointless
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 06:13:39 pm »
I don't understand why you use Myr Superion, though I think I understand how you cast it.
Signatures are pointless

angorashi

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 06:34:26 pm »
It is a -free- 4/5 on turn 2, what's not to love?

Philippe Saner

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 09:09:18 pm »
I think you're over-reliant on Heartless Summoning. Some way to win when it's not available/gets countered/gets discarded would be worthwhile, I think.

BuckToothCobra

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 09:11:39 pm »
I agree with Philippe, if you never resolve a Heartless Summoning then you have 8 dead cards in your deck. It's neat if it pans out but it's just too cute.

angorashi

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 09:28:32 pm »
Okay, to be clear, this deck all but requires mulliganing to and then placing heartless summoning. It's not a t1 deck and I wouldn't recommend playing  It if there's money on the line ^^