deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Jund Snakes and Jackals - Comments  (Read 549 times)

Comment Bot

Jund Snakes and Jackals - Comments
« on: April 17, 2017, 09:06:57 pm »
This is the comment topic for Jund Snakes and Jackals.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Jund Snakes and Jackals.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Loykuaza

• Decks
Re: Jund Snakes and Jackals - Comments
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 09:07:04 pm »
That combo seems pretty fragile and is still inconsistent, needs more filtering I guess, so advice is welcomed to turn this into a playable aggro combo deck! Implement the gods since they synergies well with the rest, still doubtful about Olivia though.

colossal mortem

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 10:34:01 pm »
I agree with the point about Olivia. My issue with Olivia is that only 2 cards seem to get the benefit from the discard. The fiery temper and the flameblade adept. Also, are the 4 copies of shock for copycat? If so then it makes sense, but if not magma spray may end up being better if zombies become a thing. Also uncaged fury doesn't look necessary. Incorrigible Youths and furyblade vampire might be good in this deck. Both would help turn on the green god. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 10:37:21 pm by colossal mortem »

Loykuaza

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 09:53:10 am »
Well Olivia indeed helped you combo out the turn you play the flameblade/the noose constrictor in fact, and yes shock is for copycat but I intend to switch to magma spray if they end up banning the felidar. I had doubts too about uncaged fury, there is insult to injury which looks better now but it helped to get the damage in since that deck has the pretty same point of GR electrostatic pumeller! The incorrigible youth and furyblade seem like a decent replacement for the bloodrage brawler too? Or do I keep the bloodrage and add only the youths.
Well I think this deck has two options: add more aggro creatures for making it a more consistent aggro deck, or add more draw to make it a better combo deck.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 10:21:19 pm »
Your deck was selected as our DeckStats.net deck of the week this week! Congratulations! :)
Please contact the user “admin” or email [email protected] if you have any questions about Deckstats!

colossal mortem

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 03:30:34 am »
Well Olivia indeed helped you combo out the turn you play the flameblade/the noose constrictor in fact, and yes shock is for copycat but I intend to switch to magma spray if they end up banning the felidar. I had doubts too about uncaged fury, there is insult to injury which looks better now but it helped to get the damage in since that deck has the pretty same point of GR electrostatic pumeller! The incorrigible youth and furyblade seem like a decent replacement for the bloodrage brawler too? Or do I keep the bloodrage and add only the youths.
Well I think this deck has two options: add more aggro creatures for making it a more consistent aggro deck, or add more draw to make it a better combo deck.

Combo would probably be funner. That's just my opinion tho.

tsirides

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 08:11:43 pm »
Proxied and tried this with small variations. Olivia is good when it comes to discarding but you can add other strong cards to help you with that, such as the Archfiend of Ifnir, which adds a -1/-1 in every creature your opponent controls if you discard or cycle a card.

Also, I would suggest at least 4 fatal pushes in the main deck since it's one of the strongest removes right now, and Magma spray on sideboard in case you play against aggro decks or Scrounge decks.

Last but not least I think 3x Hazoret are too many, you could remove 1 and you could add 2x Chandra, Torch of Defiance for some winning condition.

Loykuaza

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 09:09:13 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions, the archfiend looks like a really decent alternative win con, a bit pricey for the deck's low curve though, and since felidar didn't get the ban it deserved I'm gonna switch those spray for the usual shock again, fatal push is indeed strong but my deck cannot really draw out its potential fully with revolt so its powerfulness can drop in some situations, while lightning axe can burn all the costy flyers and I have enough madness outlets for the tempers, but since mardu vehicles is gonna stick with us too I might as well add one. Chandra is a win con that provides acceleration and ramp but it is not needed in this deck since the point is not playing big but damaging the opponent big and quick, also I wanna try Hazoret because I like her a lot and she fits in this discard aggressive shell IMO. And 3 is not a problem since you can always discard her. I will consider Chandra as a sideboard option though, since she can help with attrition games.

juanadian

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 03:47:23 pm »
First turn: Mountain and cast Flameblade adept.
Second turn: Blooming Marsh and Noose Constrictor
Third turn: Play another land (I prefer a forest for then cast unnatural predation). With Noose Constrictor discard two Dread Wanderer (+2/+2), discard Call to the Netherworld and play it's madness cost, so you return Dread Wanderer to your hand and discard it again (+2/+2), do this another time (+2/+2). Cast Shadow of the Grave and return two Dread Wanderer and two Call to the Netherworld, repeat the process of discarding (+6/+6). So finally the Flameblade Adept and the Noose Constrictor both get +12/+12 (Well the Flameblade Adept gets +12+0) and attack with a 14/14 Noose Constrictor and a 13/2 Fameblade Adept. And the best thing, is that you have one forest remaining, so cast unnatural predation if you want.