deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] The Anointed Dead  (Read 400 times)

Firegriff

• Decks
[Standard] The Anointed Dead
« on: April 23, 2017, 01:40:57 am »
The Anointed Dead

Use Anointed Procession to create an army of tokens.  Strike through with unblockable Trueheart Duelist boosted by Temmet and In Oketra's Name.  Eliminate multiple blockers with copied Angel of Sanctions tokens.

Deck idea that I had.  Any thoughts?

Philippe Saner

• Decks
Re: [Standard] The Anointed Dead
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 05:08:24 am »
I don't like Oketra's Monument much. Does nothing when you're embalming. In Oketra's Name also seems dubious.

Mana curve looks kinda high, too, since Embalm gives you stuff to do late in the game. Some cheap answers might be worthwhile.

Some way of stocking the graveyard would be nice. Not sure if there's anything good for that in Standard, but I'd be tempted to try Perpetual Timepiece and/or Epiphany at the Drownyard even if they're both a bit janky.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 09:04:35 am »
   The deck idea is strong but I will agree that this deck does have a really high curve to it. There's nothing wrong with having strong cards, but too many will slow down your deck and keep you from making consistent plays. If you want to utilize the zombie and tokens I would encourage you to use regal carcal, even though it is a high drop it will give you 2 tokens which, with the anointed dead, will give you 4 tokens instead. This being done with only 2 cards is how you get the advantage from your cards. Drake haven can be a good way to drop multiple tokens per turn while at the same time giving you the embalm tokens to make later (by dropping big creatures in the grave early). Seeker of insight will give you the discard/draw outlet you need so that you can get to where you need faster. What do you think of these ideas? 

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 02:44:09 pm »
I will problably reduce Oketra's Monument to 1 copy due to being legendary (it creates tokens and helps curves slightly).  Probably put in two Perpetual Timepieces since it can selectively bring cards back into the library for me.  Drake Haven woul be better with cycle (which the deck does not have) or a deck with more non-creature spells (to let you activate Seeker of Insight).  To help the curve, probably move Anointer Priest and Acred Cat vack into mainboard.  In Oketra's Name stays primarily as emergency defense manuever or as endgame state.  Kind of wish Labyrinth Guardian didn't have such a huge drawback.

Firegriff

• Decks
Re: The Anointed Dead - Comments
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 02:51:39 pm »

Revision 2

Added/removed cards:
+3 (Main) +1 (SB) Anointer Priest
+2 Perpetual Timepiece
-4 (SB) Annointer Priest

Changed amounts:
-2 (Main) +2 (SB) Angel of Sanctions
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Oketra the True
-3 Oketra's Monument
+3 (Main) -3 (SB) Sacred Cat
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Temmet, Vizier of Naktamun
-1 (Main) +1 (SB) Trueheart Duelist

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 05:35:28 pm »
It looks like you shaped this deck up pretty well. Make sure you adjust your mana accordingly and let me know how it goes as far as a test run goes. Have you had any other thoughts or ideas since you've made the changes recently?

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 10:25:23 pm »
With Anointed Procession, another possible win condition would be Mechanized Production.  High CMC, but wouldn't even have to swing.  I like the fact that there is a potential to bring in 16 Angel of Sanctions tokens at once (not likely, but possible).  It will depend on how strong enchantment and artifact hate is, though.  As I said with Felidar Guardian, I think Anointed Procession will be in high demand.  Good possibilities can use it in Standard right now.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 07:11:34 am by G. Moto »

Philippe Saner

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 12:07:32 am »
Mechanized Production only enchants artifacts.

I don't think one Temmet is enough.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 04:01:11 am »
Trying to decide if I should keep the full allotment of Aven Wind Guide or take two out to bring a second Temet and a Kefnet the Mindful.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 07:12:32 am by G. Moto »

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2017, 07:22:23 am »
 Honestly I think you should keep 4 copies of Aven Wind guide (since it'll be easier for you to get them on the field. Temmet, vizier of naktamun you might be ok with two copies (since it has Embalm AND is legendary which would make up for having only two copies). Kefnet the mindful is something you may only need one copy of since his effect is something that you may not be focusing the deck on. Also you may not even be triggering it that often unless you have your hand draws geared towards triggering his effects. Also the land bounce seems like something that could work well with the land sunscorched desert. This will give you an actual reason to constantly bounce that particular land and it will deal damage whenever it enters the field which is a plus for you.