deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Adrenaline Junkies  (Read 206 times)

Firegriff

• Decks
[Standard] Adrenaline Junkies
« on: April 30, 2017, 06:24:30 am »
Adrenaline Junkies

How I would like to change the draft deck.  The goal is to get Always watching in order to use exert abilities to their fullest.  Open for suggestions.

Philippe Saner

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Adrenaline Junkies
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 09:30:14 pm »
I think the main thing this deck needs is consistency. More 4-ofs of your key cards, fewer random 1-and-2-ofs.

Maybe one less colour, too. Green isn't contributing anything you really need, and playing it slows you down. Going RW would let you play one-drops, and it'd make it a lot easier to cast Always Watching on turn three.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 10:18:55 pm »
The reasons for keeping the green and red are Watchful Naga, Blossoming Defense and Ahn-Crop Champion.  Between Watchful Naga and Battlefield Scavenger, I went through draft version insanely quickly in GR.  I decided on white sheerly for the ability to bring in vigilance on creatures.  I do want to bring more consistancy to the deck, but I see a lot of versatility from this setup.  Pathmaker clears the way for more creatures in the deck, probably will drop champion of rhonas from the build because it would be a one hit wonderin a mostly cheap cmc deck.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 12:06:24 am »

Philippe Saner

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 05:58:16 am »
I'm really not sure about removing Always Watching and Glory-Bound Initiate. Those are strong cards, especially together.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 02:25:53 pm »
Between Always Watching and Ahn-Crop Champion, the Champion is the stronger card.  A 4/4 body that also untaps creatures that weren't attacking. It also triggers Trueheart Twins and Battlefield Scavenger.  As to Glory-Bound Initiate, had to make a choice about what gave the deck most advantage.  Honored Crop-Captain boost to all attacking creatures and Tah-Crop Elite boosting all attacking creatures made the better choice for an aggressively aggro deck.

Philippe Saner

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 11:06:32 pm »
Pretty sure you're overestimating Champion and underestimating Watching. +1/+1 is a big deal. So is doing something the turn it comes down, and not dying to creature removal.

Honored Crop-Captain seems solid, but if you want to cut a two-drop Glory-Bound Initiate is the last one I'd suggest. Thing's always good, and it's amazing if you can set up some exert synergies.