deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Living End on a budget!  (Read 170 times)

angorashi

• Decks
[Modern] Living End on a budget!
« on: May 04, 2017, 05:17:46 am »
Living End on a budget!

So, this is my attempt at making Living End as budgetable as possible while still running fairly smoothly. Landbase wise, we utilize the cheaper painlands, and replace our fetch lands with igneous pouncer and valley rannet, including one of each relevant shock land for options.

Suggestions very welcome!

ChaosDarkrai

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Living End on a budget!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 11:14:44 am »
You should use deadshot minotaur instead of archfiend of ifnir, you already have a lot of 2 mana cyclers and that slow down the deck a little too much. Also only 2 beast withins seems not enough since you lack fulminator mage for land destruction, I'd run 3.

angorashi

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Living End on a budget!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 09:04:47 am »
I kind of agree with you, and kind of don't- archfiend of ifnir's ability is incredible, almost a nonstop board wipe if my opponent is trying to play creatures, but as many games I've had with this list essentially end with living end, it IS striking me as more of a sideboard card. All the same I think I'd prefer to sub in architect of will rather than deadshot minotaur, so there's no risk of killing archfiend of ifner myself when he IS out :3

I'm also dropping the count of igneous pouncer and valley rannet to 2 each, this has been amazingly consistent mana wise :) I've played dozens of games with this list on untap.in in the last couple days, and I've gotten at minimum 2/3 wins EVERY single time with the exception of one loss to a janky combo deck :3

definitely leaning towards purchasing this list paper ^^