deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: [Standard] Trial of the Five Gods Rainbow Bounce  (Lu 440 fois)

Magicman90

• Decks
[Standard] Trial of the Five Gods Rainbow Bounce
« le: Mai 06, 2017, 10:17:25 pm »
Trial of the Five Gods Rainbow Bounce

The strategy is to use the new exert mechanic combo with glorybringer and combat celebrant, mixed with bouncing cartouches.

Not sure why people keep saying I need more Trials. When you play a cartouche all trials return to your hand, therefore reusable, therefore I only need one of each unless I want to worry about spares.
« Modifié: Mai 08, 2017, 04:36:37 pm par Magicman90 »

Philippe Saner

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Trial of the Five Gods Rainbow Bounce
« Réponse #1 le: Mai 08, 2017, 06:07:17 am »
I don't think twenty dual lands and nothing else will suffice to let you cast your spells.

One of each Trial doesn't seem like enough to justify all those Cartouches and Paradoxical Outcomes. If you want to play a Trial deck, I think you need to commit to it; the exert theme barely synergizes with the Trial theme at all.

Also, I don't like Cancel in this deck. This isn't a deck that wants to leave mana open, and 1UU is a harsh cost.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Réponse #2 le: Mai 08, 2017, 09:43:00 am »
  This deck DOES have potential to work but there's a certain ratio that needs to be met as far as game play and certain color values you need to emphasis on. For example:

Trial of Solidarity (can give multiple creatures a temporary power boost AND vigilance until the E.O.T.)
Trial of Knowledge (gives you card draw)
Trial of Ambition (makes the opponent sac a creature)
Trial of Zeal (deals Damage)
Trial of Strength (makes a creature)

All of these cards do something but depending on how you play this deck will dictate HOW you want to balance it out. Also since you have multiple Cartouches in this deck then you should have multiple Trials in this deck. Really you should have, in my opinion, 2x-3x copies of both the Trial of Zeal & the Trial of Ambition. Simply because playing these cards multiple times WILL have a negative effect on your opponent. These are cards that you want to play multiple times a turn if you can. The other White, Blue, and Green trial you can get away with the 1x-2x copies of each. Yes you do have a lot of creatures in this deck but having more of the red and black trials will help maintain the board state and tear apart your opponent's field as you get your big threats out.

As a creature recommendation you may want to add Nimble-Blade Khenra. It's a nice 1/2 for 2 mana and it has Prowess. That means while you are playing your cartouches and trials multiple times then you can get some insane prowess triggers AND some aggressive plays. Also trueheart duelist, unwavering initiate, naga oracle, cursed minotaur, wasteland scorpion, emberhorn minotaur, Channeler initiate, Ahn-Crop champion, and weaver of currents would be admirable choices for this deck. They all have abilities that either push the agenda of the deck or would gain even more value once you start dropping cartouches. For spell recommendation benefaction of Rhonas would be a good choice because it lets you choose the enchantment AND/or creature that you want to your hand. That's practically a 2 for 1 card play. What do you think of these choices?

Firegriff

• Decks
« Réponse #3 le: Mai 08, 2017, 02:40:29 pm »
And any of the crop, god or embalm creatures would fit into the flavor of the trials deck.  Manglehorn makes a good sideboard card for an artifact heavy deck.  Honored Hydra is a fantastic card to choose to discard and my opponents often make the mistake of giving me the opportunity of doing so and bringing him out even earlier.  And how could you miss Seeker of Insight?

G. Moto

• Decks
« Réponse #4 le: Mai 08, 2017, 05:52:18 pm »
  @firegriff, seeker of insight may actually work to your advantage. Combo that with the Nimble-Blade Khenra and you've got yourself a good prowess power draw.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Réponse #5 le: Mai 08, 2017, 08:07:51 pm »
Which was why I mentioned it.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Réponse #6 le: Mai 08, 2017, 09:58:41 pm »
Now in a deck like this, being able to draw multiple cards per turn may in fact work in your favor. Adding more of the Cartouche of knowledge and maybe even two copies of trial of knowledge can help get those vital card draws. In a deck with 5 colors it'll be crucial to get the right mana colors you need. Perhaps adding evolving wilds can help with that.