deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Cycle the Grixas - Comments  (Read 179 times)

Comment Bot

Cycle the Grixas - Comments
« on: May 11, 2017, 05:59:48 pm »
Cycle the Grixas

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Loykuaza

• Decks
Re: Cycle the Grixas - Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 05:59:55 pm »
That's a nice idea you got here but just jamming cards that look cool together like this is not always the right method or at least you need to think more about what you really want to do with the deck, you cannot have BOTH aggro and control in the same deck like this, for the simple reason that if you try to do too much different cool things you will remain a jack of all trades and master of none, and actually you cannot by the nature of the game hope to have a consistent deck while supporting different strategies...all the more so when you play more than two colors.
Here is a clear example of deck building flaw: You have a 40% blue proportion because of all the control you wanted to add, and accordingly you have 40% blue mana source...but when you take a look a your mana curve you notice that the majority of your early drops (with a converted mana cost < or = to 3) are actually Red mana based! (you have exactly 12 red spells and 10 blue spells in that category) That means that you won't be able to play your cards on curve at least 1/3 of the time because of your colors! And you don't want to make a deck that you won't be able to play and have fun with right?
So first I thnink you should decide what approach of the discarding mechaninc you wanna play/like the most (basically, either RB aggro discard of UB cycling control/midrange with the cool vizier of storms, but Izzet UR is a possibility too oc).
Hope you find some of these advices helpfull for your brewing! ;)

Tycas

• Judgment without Hope - The Orzhov Syndicate
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 06:06:05 pm »
Uhhh thanks, But I've used this on MTGO and won a few FNM and I've only lost 5 matches so far out of many, but still thank you @Loykuaza
I've used my deck recipe back when I played the hell out of Abzan Midrange, Trust me, this recipe i use works very well xD

Loykuaza

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 06:25:11 pm »
Well that's surprising to say the least, and really cool then. Sorry but I didn't get the last part quite well, do you mean you have a single deck recipe for building standard decks and you are reffering to beating the abzan midrange of Tarkir standard(with COCO everywhere)? Or did I misunderstand? Anyways that sounds interesting so could detail that recipe please?