deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Casual] Ferocious synergy deck - need suggestions to tighten this up!  (Read 279 times)

DaBigman

• Decks
Ferocious synergy deck

Utilize the ferocious synergy via spell and token/counter to prevail.  Having trouble nailing this down to 60 cards.  I pulled all the cards I've considered at one point or another on the Maybeboard.  What would you suggest?

Philippe Saner

• Decks
I'd cut Hour of Need, if I were you. It's rarely good to spend two cards just to get a 4/4 flier, and it's really bad as removal.

If you want to change more than that, it might be worth playing more Ferocious enablers. You don't have that many. To make room you could probably cut some of the more situational payoffs, like Feed the Clan and Winds of Qal Sisma. They have the potential to be great, but they also have the potential to be blank cardboard.

Force Away might also be worth dropping. It's just generally low-impact.

The maybeboard cards that most appeal to me are Stubborn Denial and Ashcloud Phoenix.

DaBigman

• Decks
I'm a newbie, so what would you qualify as enablers? Thanks for the suggestions!

Soren841

• Decks
Use less one ofs, have at least 2 of every card u put in
Nils is the God I worship

DaBigman

• Decks
Ok, I've made a few changes as suggested.  I'm wondering if I really even need the whisperer of the wilds and if maybe I should sub him out for something else?  I think even without him I ought to have enough green mana.  What do you think?

Revision 2

Added/removed cards:
-1 Force Away
-1 Hour of Need
-1 Winds of Qal Sisma
+1 Stubborn Denial
+2 Surrak Dragonclaw

Changed amounts:
-1 Crater's Claws
-1 Flamewake Phoenix
+1 Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker

DaBigman

• Decks
This was slightly messed up.  I didn't add a 2nd Sarkhan (only have one), I added 2 stubborn denial.

DaBigman

• Decks
Display deck statistics

So I made the above changes and I'm thinking I could sub out Whisperer of the wilds completely because I think I have enough green mana.  Some other effect or an early attacker I think would have more value.  I added the cards I thought would work well at 2 converted mana cost in the sideboard.  What do you think?

Philippe Saner

• Decks
I'm agnostic on Whisperer. It doesn't seem great, but it also doesn't seem bad.

I'm a newbie, so what would you qualify as enablers? Thanks for the suggestions!

Anything with power 4 or greater. So as to, well, enable ferocious.

And you're welcome.