deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Casual] Amonkets Glory  (Read 174 times)

Brycegladwin

• Decks
[Casual] Amonkets Glory
« on: June 28, 2017, 08:55:57 pm »
Amonkets Glory 

Recreate Amonkhet using the cards from the set.  This deck plays the Gods and a few creatures while featuring their various monuments, trials, and cartouche's

Edit*

After numerous play tests I find the decks biggest weakness is Kefnet and Bontu, both of which are very hard to keep active.  Thematically they have to be in the deck but playing them is always a back step in terms of momentum.   I have added a side board to deal with the other problem I run into which is Token generation decks.  I have added artifact removal to deal with artifact decks to remove their key pieces and enchantment remove to deal with anointed procession.  I have also added board clearing spells to deal with getting outnumbered by tokens.  I originally had a play set of Dusk // Dawn but found that people were rarely getting their tokens up to a permanent 3/3 status and instead were pumping them on their turn when I cant play dusk.

Having played the deck now I can firmly say it works (it's complete jank but it works) well in many matchups but struggles against token decks.  You want to get two mana and either a channeler initiate or a gift of paradise in your opening hand.  Make sure you play out your trials BEFORE you drop your cartouches for maximum effect.  Also be sure to trade often with your tokens (4/2 beasts) because you will be bringing them back when you bounce the trial of strength back to your hand.  when you win it will often be by the strength of your Gods and pumping your tokens with cartouches.   

Happy spell casting!