deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: Dire Fleet Ravager and 2HG  (Gelesen 515 mal)

Firegriff

• Decks
Dire Fleet Ravager and 2HG
« am: September 27, 2017, 07:04:22 Nachmittag »
So had a thought since prerelease.  In the game we lost in two headed giant, we had 30 life to opponents' 9 when they played dire fleet ravager.  I probably should gave requested a judge, but in the game life totals droppedto 1/3 of the current totals.  Thinking of trigger order, I am now thinking that was incorrect, that it should have dropped by 1/3 and then dropped one third of the resulting total, which would have been 4/9tgs of the original total as a result, or roughly a little under half.  Would that have been correct?

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
Re: Dire Fleet Ravager and 2HG
« Antwort #1 am: September 28, 2017, 07:23:50 Nachmittag »
Hmmm.  By what I"m reading, life drops *by* 1/3, not *to* 1/3.  so if he has 9, he'd drop *by* 1/3 rounded up. 

The rounding, as far as I've been explained (and how I play) is you figure out 1/3 of the life, then round THAT number up.  It's similar to if I had Gisela, Blade of Goldnight on the board and somebody pinged me for 1.  You divide 1 in half, THEN round up.   THEN prevent that damage.  In the same vain, you'd figure out 1/3 of the life total, then round up if it's not a whole number, THEN subtract. 
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

Mostlynotgay

• Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Antwort #2 am: September 28, 2017, 07:29:58 Nachmittag »
But, if we were addressing your original question, you'd have to figure out 2/3 then round up.  Because you'd get a biased result if you figured out 1/3, rounded.  Then 1/3 again.  I think if the card said "lose 1/3, then loses 1/3 again" you'd do it the way you're suggesting. 

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

Firegriff

• Decks
« Antwort #3 am: September 28, 2017, 10:14:32 Nachmittag »
The reason for the second trigger is two players on each team.  Each player loses 1/3 of life.  I am just trying to determine if the life is determined when Dire Fleet Ravager enters or when the effect triggers on each separate player.

Mostlynotgay

• Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Antwort #4 am: September 29, 2017, 09:38:53 Vormittag »
Oh.  My bad.  Yeah on enters, it triggers AP first.  you lose 1/3.  Then the next person looses 1/3.  Life determined when the card enters. 

Although you're in a 2 headed giant game.  so each PLAYER loses 1/3 of the life total at the time when Fleet Ravager enters the battlefield.  So if your team has 13 life, each PLAYER loses 5, so the team loses 10 total. 
"   In a Two-Headed Giant game, each player loses a third of the team’s life total rounded up. For example, if a team has 13 life, each player on that team loses 5 life and the team loses 10 life total." (judges ruling)

Modern >