deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Grixis Mechanized Treasure Control  (Read 361 times)

DaGamesta

• Decks
[Standard] Grixis Mechanized Treasure Control
« on: August 30, 2017, 09:59:47 pm »
Grixis Mechanized Treasure Control

PLEASE give any advice or criticisms you have of the deck, it would help out a lot. Anyway, this is a spin on a grixis control deck, incorporating many removal and counter spells while creating treasure tokens to fuel Revel In Riches, my favorite card from upcoming Ixalan.  Essentially the deck will try to delay the game and remove whatever your opponent is throwing at you, and eventually that could result in a win with RIR. However, because the treasure-creation in this deck is probably slow and there will probably be an infinitely better treasure strategy in standard, the control element with the inclusion of The Locust God and The Scarab God and other powerful cards might still win the game. Again, let me know what you think or what I should include in the deck.

Philippe Saner

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Grixis Mechanized Treasure Control
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 02:35:48 am »
I think some of your cards are working at cross-purposes with the control plan. Bloodwater Entity isn't really a control card. Neither is Lannery, even if she fits your Treasure plan.

Actually, I think there's an argument for going totally creatureless here. You don't need damage to win, and it would give your more room for removal and counterspells.

DaGamesta

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Grixis Mechanized Treasure Control
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 12:56:30 am »
Thanks for your advice, Philippe! I agree with you about the fact that the deck kind of conflicts with itself, I will definitely think about you're saying. I may not go completely creatureless though, as I sort of need Lannery because she's one of the only cards revealed so far that could really get the treasure strategy up and running, but then again, there's still far more to be revealed. As for Bloodwater Entity, I think I want it in the deck because it's a prowess flyer that could deal some extra damage, and it will give me back a counter or removal spell for later. Again, thanks for the advice and I will see if I want to abandon creatures as I build the deck.