deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Shadows Hiding Among the Plains... Check it out!and tips  (Read 2042 times)

Bamfro

• -All Will Be Well-
  • Decks
Shadows Hiding Among the Plains...

Current Play Deck 5/11
Almost complete!
(Remove Sorin to Make Standard, in Casual play i have Sorin  Added :D)

-Heroic Token Proc By Bestow
-Eidolon And other Bestowments
-3 Gods! Heliod, Athreos and Erebos
-Lifegain "Bounce" With Vizkopa and Lifelink
- Whip and fate counter combo to keep creatures?
-Triad can "bounce" creatures to reproc Various abilities or save creatures or stop opponents.
-Finally added a sideboard! Avoided adding lands...
-

-All Will Be Well-

Cheddarchet

• Decks
It seems like the deck can be pretty mana intensive at first. Have you considered main boarding banishing light or oppressive rays? Otherwise, not to huge on the Griffen dreamfinders. A bit expensive for what they do when Auramancer exists, I think.

Bamfro

• -All Will Be Well-
  • Decks
Auramancer did exist in a previous revision of this deck, i included Griffin/Silent due to getting beatdown by fliers.

and yes it is very mana intensive :=/. i have thought about oppressive rays as well(as a replacement for one thousand lashes) not really banishing light as much due to it not being an aura.
-All Will Be Well-

Bamfro

• -All Will Be Well-
  • Decks
thank you so much for the advice. i really like the lifegain bounce and using my planeswalkers when i can. but like i said i've been trounced by flyers before so i found in addtion to the Gifts i needed actual creatures, used to have a celestial archon(still in sideboard) but its soooo expensive so i removed.
-All Will Be Well-

Cheddarchet

• Decks
Hmm, maybe 4 gift of orzhova might be worth considering then? I really do think the Griffins come in too late most of the time (though you've actually piloted the deck). If you did that, you could pretty comfortably drop ordeal of heliod, then. The two cards fill relatively similar roles (Gift just pumps your creature immediately and nets you life on first swing/block). This deck seems more defensive than offensive, which is why I wondered about the two ordeal cards.
Alternatively, maybe just look for a better heroic flyer? You do already 2 Dawn to Dusk and a Whip of Erebos. How much recursion are you expecting to need?
Anyway, hope some of this helps!

Bamfro

• -All Will Be Well-
  • Decks
Four Gift's sounds like a winner, now to find a card shop with them...and yes how much retrieval am i planning on doing...once i get the Gift's i will look into dropping the grif's.

as for the ordeals, yes i suppose i can drop those maybe fill back out to four Ajani's presence just to have the extra proc for Heroic and one more "answer" spell?

so lose 4 cards gain 3 hurm...
-All Will Be Well-

Bamfro

• -All Will Be Well-
  • Decks
and yes it is helping, will probably get gift's tuesday or something
-All Will Be Well-

Bamfro

• -All Will Be Well-
  • Decks
I will look for a better heroic flyer
-All Will Be Well-

Cheddarchet

• Decks
Akroan Skyguard is a decent one, as well as Dawnbringer Charioteers. They both have pretty nice abilities, and the Skyguard at least can come out quite a bit earlier.
Regardless, hope the deck runs well!

Bamfro

• -All Will Be Well-
  • Decks
OK I removed the ordeals and the dream finders while adding a celestial archon to make it an even sixty. Feels a bit smoother but time will tell looking for gifts and recording some of your ideas in the deck discussion thingie as cards to add in once return to ravnica cycles out

Thanks sir
-All Will Be Well-

Pathleader

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Shadows Hiding Among the Plains... Check it out!and tips
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 12:11:13 am »
cartel aristocrat you can attack with him unblockable.
And when Athreos, God of Passage is on the Battlefield she make more dmg.

Pathleader

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 12:14:24 am »
it cycles out in 4 Months so wait for M15 and the new Block is startet for replacements of Ravnica cards

Bamfro

• -All Will Be Well-
  • Decks
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2014, 03:52:30 am »
#1 thanks for pointing out that combo i knew they existed but its hard to keep track you know? would enjoy one with an enchantment creature but i digress

#2 that is awesoome advice, i am actually looking to remove the older cards first in consideration of that as well. i hope another lilianna comes out!!!
-All Will Be Well-

Bamfro

• -All Will Be Well-
  • Decks
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2014, 11:11:33 pm »
Made some changes to it as suggested... Thanks
-All Will Be Well-

Bamfro

• -All Will Be Well-
  • Decks
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2014, 11:12:32 pm »
Now I'm looking to slim down, eventually add another whip and spear maybe?
-All Will Be Well-