deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: UR Fevered Burn - Comments  (Read 211 times)

Comment Bot

UR Fevered Burn - Comments
« on: March 27, 2017, 05:02:39 am »
This is the comment topic for UR Fevered Burn.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für UR Fevered Burn.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

angorashi

• Decks
Re: UR Fevered Burn - Comments
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 05:02:51 am »
this deck is testing very well with runeflare trap. Have you considered the card?

idioSyncr4zy

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 05:05:35 am »
I missed that wording when searching on gatherer. That's a great suggestion! Thanks! It should absolutely be included.

angorashi

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 04:54:25 am »
I'm loving playtesting your deck :D Ancestral Vision is doing amazingly, either traditional usage but more often it works as another runeflare trap / cerebral vortex trigger ^^

angorashi

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 05:17:00 am »
ouch, thought ancestral vision was like a seven dollar card, boy was I wrong :P browbeat is also turning out to be fun however ^^

idioSyncr4zy

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 03:43:10 pm »
Yeah, if I wasn't trying for a budget build Ancestral Vision would be main deck :-P I'd probably also main deck 2 Blood Moon.

Browbeat, lol. I'll add to the sideboard for now, but that's mean. I'll definitely main deck Browbeat when I get around to buying and testing this deck myself. Thanks again for the suggestions!

Are you testing on MTGO or are you goldfishing? If you're testing against other players I'd like to know how it matches up against combo. I feel like this deck would match up poorly to combo since we let them sculpt their hands and dig them to their win condition a lot faster. Basically, I'm wondering if the real sideboard would be some graveyard hate and a bunch of Counterspells with maybe a more sweepers for aggro.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 03:59:31 pm by idioSyncr4zy »

angorashi

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 01:34:51 am »
I playtest on https://untap.in/ :) You're right, by the way- combo decks tend to be strong against this, although depending on the combo, bounce/exhaustion help. Burn is very strong against this deck as well, naturally.

I also replaced the dictate of kruphix with Howling Mine, and added a couple ebony owl netsuke in my latest testing spree ^^ with the amount of three drops in this deck, going to a two-drop that doesn't require UU is a huge streamline, and with ebony owl netsuke / runeflare trap, giving your opponent that first extra draw isn't much of a hindrance :)

Also, I notice that unless they're close to death, opponents almost ALWAYS take the 5 damage from browbeat rather than allow the card draw once they've realized what the deck is all about ^^

idioSyncr4zy

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 06:40:57 am »
I've updated my list to it's current version. I'd really like to have Hurkyl's Recall, Vendilion Clique, Keranos, God of Storms, Relic of Progenitus and possibly Izzet Staticaster and Electrolyze in the sideboard. Mana was awkward before I updated it, but Blood Moon is good enough that you could run this with Blood Moon and more basic lands.