deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Creative builders i need help!!!!!  (Read 290 times)

hollywood812

• Decks
Creative builders i need help!!!!!
« on: September 03, 2017, 11:28:29 pm »
So with the release of Amonkhet and hour of destruction I have been in my glory because I am an Egyptian mythology nut, but as it stands I'm attempting to build a commander deck and a casual play deck purely from cards from these Egyptian sets, casual I'm not having too much of a hard time but I have never built a commander deck before and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, is there anyone who has build a deck like the one I'm talking about or happens to have a cards list? just building to play amongst friends nothing insane. Thanks for any help in advance :)

Soren841

• Decks
Re: Creative builders i need help!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 11:32:30 pm »
I don't think there would be enough cards in your colors that all fit the same theme to build a worthwhile EDH deck from just those 2 sets
Nils is the God I worship

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 11:35:37 pm »
If you add in Shadows over Innistrad you could do a zombie eternalize/embalm deck
Nils is the God I worship

manuagg

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 11:53:13 pm »
I don't think you can make an EDH deck just with those 2 sets, but what you can do and it is the better option is to build just the core of your deck with those 2 sets and build the rest with cards from any set, what I mean is: don't restrict yourself to just those 2 sets for the card draw, mana ramp, target and mass removal. Once you have about 10 mana ramp, 10 card draw, 5 targeted removal and 5 mass removal, you only need around 30 cards for your deck.

cizenandojunior

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 12:43:20 am »
Think about to build a deck that captures the essence you want. See cards that you want to put in your deck, then search for many others cards that enphase your idea. Some ideas could be zombies, cats, Nicol Bolas themed, etc.

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 01:24:34 am »
I agree with other respondents, limiting yourself to only AKH/HOU for an EDH deck will be difficult...but not impossible. You will have to accept that it will be suboptimal in many ways - seriously so when the limited universe of cards from that block is further restricted by color limitations in EDH rules. You will have to settle for an 'eh' commander and some really terrible cards in the 99.

Better to follow earlier advice: look through older sets for cards that will fit an Egyptian theme, even if the connection is tenuous at best :)

Sphynx creatures would be a place to start, or use other creature types from the block that appear in older sets (zombies, big ugly beaters with goat heads, anything graveyard...)

Please post whatever you come up with, even a first draft - it might be easier to help with a base idea, building on that. Good luck!
https://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
https://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
https://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac