deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Standard Merfolk Tribal - Comments  (Read 405 times)

Comment Bot

Standard Merfolk Tribal - Comments
« on: September 28, 2017, 08:42:15 pm »
Standard Merfolk Tribal

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Vaelkyrie

• Decks
Re: Standard Merfolk Tribal - Comments
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 08:42:19 pm »
I've been testing this deck all week, and I think it has two main weaknesses mainboard: it can't handle anything that flies, and you have no way to survive early game (especially against death touch) and get to the point where the counters and tokens are able to do enough damage to win. It's fine to have your enchantment hate in the sideboard, but flying dinosaurs and vamps are going to run over you, and the haste of red pirates is too fast unless you have a perfect draw. I would cut a Speaker, one of the Deep Root Waters enchantments, a Mimic, and either Rishkar or the River Sneak. I'd replace them with some permission (essence scatters, supreme will, a cancel or negate) and a big blue flyer (Sphinx of Magosi is actually quite synergistic here - you can easily get counters on it).

RowrosaurausRex

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 10:14:34 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions! I will revise the deck

guillermo.figoli

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 02:23:55 pm »
I really like this deck, never saw this Nissa, gave a lot of ideas.

guillermo.figoli

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 02:27:08 pm »
I would trade the Sphinx for verdurous gearhulk

Vaelkyrie

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 01:25:28 am »
The problem with the verdurous gearhulk, is that as awesome as it is, it still doesn't help with flying or reach. There are too many fliers in the meta to ignore from the sideboard. I cut the sideboard Jace, and one Kopala, Warden of Waves to side in Nissa, Genesis Mage and a flier (I've been experimenting with Angler Drake, mostly to get two ETB effects from cards like Vineshaper Mystic and Rishkar, Peema Renegade). Remember the Planeswalker rules have changed - it now used the legendary rule: if you control two legendary cards with the same NAME, one of them has to go to the graveyard. So both Nissa, Genesis Mage and Nissa, Steward of Elements can be on the board at the same time, and their interaction is insane. You can get her out super fast with Rishkar.

The other thing I did was to cut two of the Unclaimed Territory and a Botanical Sanctum in favour of running three Evolving Wilds, Mana is not an issue in this deck at all, and the Evolving Wilds thins the deck. Mind you, I use early permission to control the early tempo so that I can suddenly explode my board - keeping Essence Scatters, and Supreme Will mana up (Our stuff is small at first and generally needs more than one creature/enchantment on the field to make things big enough to survive early cheap removal.) 

Vaelkyrie

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 01:26:30 am »
Also, I have yet to lose with this deck after tinkering with it. I ran the table last night, and again today.

RowrosaurausRex

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 10:11:39 pm »
Glad to see that the deck works well. I will modify it and test it. Thanks for the feedback!