deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Need help with building this deck  (Read 595 times)

MSMJR

• Decks
Need help with building this deck
« on: May 14, 2014, 06:24:32 pm »
Rainbow Destruction

My deck is based mainly on to populate and grow power as fast as possible, most of the cards in my deck involve tokens or adding counters to my creatures. It needs a lot of improvement but I'm only a beginner at MTG. If you have any suggestions on what to do, feel free to mail me and tell me what you think I should change. I need some feedback from this deck. It is powerful but has over 200 cards in it. Small chances of getting what I want and small chances of winning. Please comment and tell me what I should change.

shadowultd

• Decks
Re: Need help with building this deck
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 11:28:30 pm »
Rainbow Destruction

My deck is based mainly on to populate and grow power as fast as possible, most of the cards in my deck involve tokens or adding counters to my creatures. It needs a lot of improvement but I'm only a beginner at MTG. If you have any suggestions on what to do, feel free to mail me and tell me what you think I should change. I need some feedback from this deck. It is powerful but has over 200 cards in it. Small chances of getting what I want and small chances of winning. Please comment and tell me what I should change.

Learning magic by starting with a 5 colour is ambitious to say the least as they can get very costly and are difficult to balance and make work.

Things to change:

The deck is far too big. 

- Try to get the deck down to 60 or as close to it as possiable. You can cut down on land cards by using cards like Birds of Paradise, Chromatic Lantern or other such cards to meet mana requirements. For a 60 card deck you want no more than 25 land and even that's pushing it.

- Pick one or two theme's for the deck such as +1 counters and populate and remove cards that don't fall into these categories unless their really necessary (such as removal cards).

- Instants and sorceries may give good effects but they only last for a turn. Cards like these are more commonly used as quick solutions problems.

- Creature type is another thing to consider when deckbuilding. There are many cards than have the potential to benefit heavily if you have only one or two types of reatures. Cards such as Elvish Archdruid become extremely powerful in decks like these. Elves and wolves tend to be good types for putting out tokens.

- Make sure to balance the deck as creatures vs. other card types unless your deck is built to win quickly (by this I mean Kill your opponent within about 5 turns or die trying e.g. burn decks).

- Consider mana cost when building a deck.(your mana curve) Decks with all high mana cost cards tend to either fail to deliver or are slow to work unless ramped up by other means (mana ramp). Low mana cost decks can spam out a few cars a turn but these tend to be weak unless supported by power-up cards.

I hope at least some of this has helped.

mrfigglesworth

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 03:14:57 am »
if your gonna go populate then just base your creatures around token generators. myr propagator is a good one to put in, also ever growing ranks is good. if your gonna make your deck based on populate i would go with it just being green/white not rainbow and getting a lot closer to sixty cards

shadowultd

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 03:23:29 am »
if your gonna go populate then just base your creatures around token generators. myr propagator is a good one to put in, also ever growing ranks is good. if your gonna make your deck based on populate i would go with it just being green/white not rainbow and getting a lot closer to sixty cards

Doubling season s also a great choice.

MSMJR

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 04:02:15 pm »
Thanks for the advice, I will remove most of the cards except green and white. If you have any more suggestions please say so, I could use all the help I can get.