deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Oops All Spells! - Comments  (Read 544 times)

Comment Bot

Oops All Spells! - Comments
« on: October 27, 2017, 10:21:33 am »
Oops All Spells!

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

russpe

• Decks
Re: Oops All Spells! - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 10:21:39 am »
So i made my own Version of this deck: https://deckstats.net/decks/66331/840847-modification-of-ooops-all-spel

I would add some more mana acceleration and card cycle, cause i want to get Balustrade Spy and undercity Informer as fast as possible.
I am not sure if the summoner pact is worth it, because the upkeep is before the draw phase.
I am also not sure about the role of Bridge from below.

If i am right the deck tries to mill all cards in the graveyard, get the Nacromobea on the field sac them to Dread return flashback to revive the maniac. Then you draw a Card or wait for the next turn draw phase?
I dont play much legacy but it could be hard to keep your maniac alive.

and pls excuse my english.

interfector

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 11:51:39 am »
Yes, the goal is almost that but with some changes. In this version of the deck you Dread Return your Underworld Cerberus and then sacrifice it flashbacking Cabal Therapy. It dies and trigger his ability returning all creatures to your hand, so now you have some Elvish Spirit Guide (and Simian), one Wild Cantor, Laboratory Maniac and Street Wraith in hand. You add mana with the Spirit Guide, use Wild Cantor to filter to blue, cast Laboratory Maniac and win on the spot by drawing with Street Wraith.

Summoner's Pact is one of the mana accelerator because you can grab the Elvish Spirit Guide. However you can grab the Wild Cantor if you don't have Black mana sources. If you use Summoner's Pact be sure to win the turn you cast it (usually the first turn).

Bridge from Below is there because sometimes you draw some Narcomoeba and if you draw 2 of them, it's difficult to combo out with Undercity Informer. But with Bridges (1 or 2) you can Flashback Cabal Therapy and not lose any creature (to cast Dread Return) or effectively netting you a creature if you have 2 Bridges, so you can combo out with only 2 Narcomoeba.

Regarding your list, i think that Lotus Bloom is a very bad card for this deck. It is a mana accelerator but not of the kind we want it! We need fast mana to win the very first turn of the game, because we have no interaction with others decks and if we wait to win we can encounter graveyard hate or counters. So our goal is to win our very first turn of the game (on the draw it's very easy), i would cut the Lotus Bloom for other mana ramp like Rite of Flame or Seething Song (although we need Black mana).
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 12:00:48 pm by interfector »

russpe

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 09:24:22 am »
But i still think you can cut out the bridges, if you play 4 narcomoeba, its pretty unlikely to draw two of them in one turn. You should also be fine with 2 times cabal therapy. but the rest seems pretty fine, if you want the summoners pact for some mana.
Do you think it would worth to cut the mishras bauble for some Pact of negation, vs force of will, spell pierce or fatal push? if they counter the maniac will lose in next upkeep.

interfector

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 12:13:20 am »
From my tests it's not that unlikely to draw 2 Narcomoebas, but I have the Bridges only for that, so if you feel *lucky* you can cut them. I have made a change:
+1 Narcomoeba
-1 Bridge From Below

Considering the various configuration for cards in hand/library the split 4/1 probably it's the best (don't know why I thought 3/2 was better).

I had Pact of Negation in the main with a 2/2 split with Chancellor of the Annex, then i dropped the Pact 'cause they *can't* be imprinted on Chrome Mox.

But if you don't want to win turn 1, i recommend a 4-of Pact of Negation to survive the turn you need, and cutting the bauble it's a reasonable choice.

interfector

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 11:21:28 pm »
The problem of having only 2 Cabal Therapy is that 1 is needed for the combo (sac the cerberus), and sometimes you have to use it on yourself to discard combo pieces (dead return and cerberus).

I'm reconsidering my previous thought about Pact of Negation. Probably the split 2/2 with Chancellor of the Annex is a good thing. Why?

Chancellor is the best for turn 1 win, because you reveal it and also you can imprint it on Chrome Mox, so it fuel a win with protection. However if you can't win turn 1 and you wait for a turn 2 win it is not so good, your opponent can break the counter shield in his turn or have a land to tap for the tax.

Pact of Negation is not so good for turn 1 win because if you need to imprint it on Chrome Mox you give up the protection. But Pact can be useful after turn 1 when you probably have the mana.

So considered that an hand capable of winning turn 1 is very common and that force of will is very common, I think that a 2/2 split could be interesting. (need some testing and probabilities analysis)