deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Burn - Comments  (Read 256 times)

Comment Bot

Burn - Comments
« on: November 04, 2017, 08:44:15 pm »
Burn

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

bringer_bidder

• Decks
Re: Burn - Comments
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 08:44:18 pm »
Eidolon of the Great Revel is a workhorse for Burn, you should definitely run 4.

AIRchrist

• Decks
Re: Burn - Comments
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 12:04:47 am »
As a longtime Burn player(~20 years), I completely agree that Eidolon is probably the most optimal card choice. However, I've been increasingly disappointed in matchups where it prevents me from playing(ie. Affinity/mirror). There's been a large resurgence in Affinity in my regional meta, and getting down a turn 2/3 Eidolon isn't great when they have most of their hand on the board and are in topdeck mode with life-gaining critters. Eidolon is still a beast against combo, which is the downside of cutting him. However, my testing of Harsh Mentor lately has been great. It's amazing how many shocks get through when he's out, and the fact that it's one-sided is awesome. I've been getting 4-6 damage from him pretty consistently. Lots of fetchlands out there, plus he wrecks Affinity real hard, unless they're lucky enough to pull a blast. Hazoret is still in testing, but her angles of attack do have relevance. The discard to shock is not to be underestimated. Thanks for the input!