deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] grixis scrap intruder keeper  (Read 544 times)

angleofthought

• Decks
[Standard] grixis scrap intruder keeper
« on: November 24, 2017, 11:20:39 am »
grixis scrap intruder keeper

create infinite loop of artifacts and kill my opponent

angleofthought

• Decks
Re: [Standard] grixis scrap intruder keeper
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 11:22:54 am »
it might look like a mess but the synergies are insane but as always any and all criticism is appreciated

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 07:05:40 pm »
This looks fun; I have a similar deck using pia's revolution and artifacts in kinda the same way.

If I were to play this deck, I think I would drop the single copies of fling and aetherflux reservoir to allow for a 2nd and 3rd copy of pia's revolution. The enchantment stacks, so your opponent will have to make that choice twice or three times if multiples are on the battlefield, and if not 3 copies gives you a better chance of finding one during the game without tutor effects.

Fling is a very fun card, but aside from a ravenous intruder that has been pumped from artifact sacrifices, the deck does not have very good fling targets, and you have to get fling in hand to be used. Aetherflux reservoir can also be unexpected for an opponent, but you have to get it on the field (again, no tutor to find the single copy), then cast a bunch of spells or gain a lot of life for it to be used fully.

Thanks for sharing your idea!
http://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
http://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
http://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac

GodardHazard

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 10:28:22 pm »
I'm with CardAgain the whole point is the resilience of artifacts, it would work better without the reservoir and sideboarding 2xfling to catch the opponent

angleofthought

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 06:02:37 am »
Well I added the reservoir to gain some form of life though after more time to think about it maybe filigree familiar might be better because I can Cascade into it with Treasure Keeper but I also felt the need for another 4 cmc artifact to be able to scrap trawler back another 3 cmc artifact because I only have the 4 treasure keepers to be able to do that and then fling can definitely be cut for another Pia's revolution but it works so well with both ravenous intruder and syndicate trafficker but there is also a point in the deck with scrap trawler treasure keeper workshop assistant and ravenous intruder with 3 or more foundry inspector where the deck goes infinite and eventually Cascades into fling or if aetherflux reservoir is on the field storms off and wins then and there and I didn't think my opponent would be willing to take any damage when they already know that I'll get the cards back anyways but I do want to find more room for more pia's revolution I'm find that not only is it my best turn 3 but it could also get my opponent low enough to win with damage or give the deck longevity. Was there anything else you guys can think of.

Nephi66

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 05:12:29 pm »
I agree again with cardAgain sweater ^^ . Aetherflux can be tutored via Inventor's fair .

Hard to tell if it will work or not because the build is complex and the number of copies of each cards might need some time to be adjusted.

Manabase:
I will still go for more Spire industry(same reasons than last time) and more inventor's Fair (mainly for the life gain for aetherflux reservoir and also for the ability to get aetherflux reservoir or any artifact you really need ).
If you intend to play or even threaten your opponent with aetherflux reservoir, you need a second copy (one copy will be easily removed with any disenchant as soon as you reach around 40+ life). With a second copy, you can still succeed to reach the second one with inventor's fair and score for the win the next turn.
Also, you need more lifegain. This is simple math: you can't cast aetherflux before turn 4 and if you still succeed to cast 3 spells/turn for +6 life), you will need at least 5 more turns to reach 50 life, which leads you to turn 10 (if you don't loose any life).  .
Leads to gain life:
* filigree familiar : Even without aetherflux reservoir, it fits perfectly with the sac and comeback loop mechanism.
* Pendulum pattern or implement of improvement
* Underhand design
* Another option is to go for some energy synergies : Woodweaver's Puzzleknot  + Reservoir Walker + Aethersphere harvester + Multiform wonder (+ decoction module) could greatly improve this, as well as giving you some nice synergy and you could use aether hub to get another set of 5-mana lands.
* Life goes on, of course
However if you go into the reservoir strategy, it means a lot of adjustment to your build.

I think the diversification of artifact would be better with the loop mechanism than 4 copies of a few of them.
* Less ravenous intruder and syndicate trafficker (2 or 3 of each) and more artifacts
* 3 renegade map
* 3 servo schematic
* 2 or 3  Pia's revolution because it just make the loop mechanism a win/win situation for you
* Include 1 colossus in the Mainoboard ( because you can get it with your inventor's fair)
* More fling or key to the city in order to make sure your buffed creatures will do damage to the opponent.
* Maybe Padeem does not need to be in the mainboard(or in the deck at all) . The goal is to make your opponent pays whenever an artifact goes to the graveard. If the opponent wants to destroy/exile an artifact, you can still instant sac them. You should try without it and if some matchups shut your game down, then you can sideboard some copies of them for those specifics bad matchup. Only aetherflux reservoir needs a real protection here but as this is not your main win conditions, I feel like the free slots would be better used by something else
*Battle at the bridge instead of fatal push
* 1 or 2 treasure map would fit in the mainboard as well for cheap artifact
* Tezzeret planeswalker ?

After playing the deck you can still adjust the different figures if you feel some cards are needed more than another or unuseful.

Other cards to consider:
Walking ballista: With 2 foundry inspector and pia's revolution on the board, it's a infinite loop with a 1/1 walking ballista that the opponent can only break by having pia's revolution deals him/her 3 damage or by removing pia's revolution. This is true for all artifact's you could cast for free.
Marionnette Master
metallic mimic for construct
Implement of whatever

Well, now that I have given you about 30 cards to think about, good luck to you :)

angleofthought

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 11:51:35 am »
thank you all so much for your advice hopefully i'll have the revisions soon so everyone can see what i settled on after play testing