deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Green Budget Aggression  (Read 289 times)

Fingerhut

• Decks
[Standard] Green Budget Aggression
« on: November 26, 2017, 06:59:11 pm »
Green Budget Aggression

My first deck. Would like any input. I tried to assemble a Budget Standard Mono Green sort of aggro/tempo deck. So I went through every green card and artefact in the Standard block and put some of them together that seemed good.

In the deck are a lot of low cost creatures that can transcend to later stages of the game but also do fair amounts of damage in the early game.
Lots of Instant casts for every situation mostly for buffing the damage and for applying hexproof and to avoid combat damage against aggro and big creatures.
Pounce is for getting rid of nasty creatures and in combination with the Bitterblade Warrior against some especially nasty creatures.
All in all early game good creatures, transcending possibility in the mid- to lategame and spells to buff and protect. Since green doesn't have removals/counters. That's also the reason for some Trample effects. Thought if you can't kill everything that is in your way you just trample over it for at least dealing some damage.

As for lands I went for some nice sounding deserts with more pressure capability and to use the sideboard card Scavanger Grounds and to complement the Hydra.
I just don't know what to get rid of for having 60 cards. :)

The sideboard is build against other aggro decks with Haze Pollen and perhaps Take Down (also against combo/token) and mostly against control and combo decks with exiling graveyards, recovering from board whipes and against countering.

Since this is my first real deck, I would love every input. Don't forget that this is an attempt to build a mono green aggro/tempo  budget deck.

Soren841

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Green Budget Aggression
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 07:26:07 pm »
Step 1: Green isn't a tempo color or an aggro color red or red/white is aggro, blue/red or blue/black are tempo. Obviously it's not set it stone but the strategies behind the colors naturally go with it ;D
Nils is the God I worship

Fingerhut

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 07:52:08 pm »
Green was indeed a color in wich you could build nice aggro decks. Black was not. Colors shift, especially in Standard. To my defense: I didn't play for many years. And I am aware that there are much better cards in other colors to build an aggro deck.^^
Tempo and Midrange are new to me, maybe I got it wrong. Thought having various (game changing) one-time effects would make it tempo. Let us leave the term out of this then. :D

I just had the idea to build an aggro(...ish..) mono green deck and just watched wich cards could be used afterwards. So lets just assume that the "theme" is working (despite of being not the best at what it is supposed to do). What would you do to make it work?

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 07:59:26 pm »
If you're looking for tempo, look up Legacy Delver for ideas.

Fingerhut

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 03:11:42 pm »
I am not looking for tempo. Like I told I maybe just got the term wrong. I had the idea of making a mono green budget sort of aggro deck and put together what I supposed would work.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 03:35:43 pm »
Red is more aggro, like Ramunap red. Maybe ramp/green stompy things

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 03:58:24 pm »
b]Deck: Green Budget Aggression [/b]
Try something like this?

Fingerhut

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 10:17:37 pm »
So nothing with trample anymore. Why do I need the Prowling Serpopard in the Maindeck and I don't see the usefullness of Gift of Paradise. Could you maybe explain why this makes more sense than the things I put together?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 10:19:40 pm by Fingerhut »

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 11:00:39 pm »
Gift of paradise is ramp and life Gain, prowling Serpopard is protection against control. You should have this main board because it's one of the hardest matchups for green.