deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Orzhov Deck (Unfinished) - Comments  (Read 386 times)

Comment Bot

Orzhov Deck (Unfinished) - Comments
« on: May 25, 2014, 06:25:35 am »
This is the comment topic for Orzhov Deck (Unfinished).

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Orzhov Deck (Unfinished).

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Tosamu

• Decks
Re: Orzhov Deck (Unfinished) - Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 06:25:35 am »
Cards I'd consider cutting:

Orzhov Basilica - I would seriously consider how much the drawback is going to affect you here. Your color requirements are strictest in the early game, and basilica can't be used at all turn 2, and requires giving up a turn 2 play to use it turn 3. Being able to run fewer lands may be worth it, but I would at least consider alternatives.

Voracious Hatchling - There are better 4-cost cards out there. Not much else to say here.

Divinity of Pride - Divinity is a great card, but you have a ton at 5 and Deathbringer fits your deck better. While it does do a good job enabling devotion, I'm doubtful it will get its boost very consistently, since Pontiff of Blight can't possibly gain you life before turn 7, and Voracious Hatchling is one of the weakest cards in the deck.

Ajani's Presence - Blessing of Leeches is better protection, and Valor Made Real is a better combat trick.

Gorgon Flail - This is the best card on the cut list. Probably. It's insane on Brigid, but people generally aren't going to swing into High Priest of Penance or Souls of the Faultless unless they have to or are willing to deal with heavy losses anyway.

Cards I'd consider adding:

Sorin, Lord of Innistrad - Your deck wants to get attacked, and running planeswalkers is one of the easiest ways of forcing your opponents to do so. Also, his tokens are both white and black, so they work great with Deathbringer Liege, and his emblem can make some of your weaker creatures more relevant in combat.

Gideon Jura - You have too many five-cost cards as it is, but the main reason I'm listing this guy is in case you have trouble obtaining enough Deathbringer Lieges. I also think that he's better than Divinity of Pride either way.

Also, it's at least worth considering alternatives to Unmake. While Unmake is a fine card, Hero's Downfall, Mortify, Dismember, and Oblivion Ring/Banishing Light are worth testing as proxies.
Also, Dread might be a funny alternative to Pontiff of Blight.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 06:29:09 am by Tosamu »