deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Hell on Earth  (Read 186 times)

flavourin

• Decks
[Modern] Hell on Earth
« on: December 10, 2017, 10:18:22 pm »
Hell on Earth

I'm looking for some advice .

This Deck is just an arrangement I've made of my other deck "expansion crusade". here you just need a lot of mana and Torment of Hailfire for a win. It needs Crypt Ghast for a combo.

Your opponent will be able to afford losing life 6 times max. with torment of hailfire (unless he gains a lot of life somehow), so if he has, for exemple, 4 cards in hand and 3 or 4 permaments on the battlefield, you will need 14-15 mana to win, wich would mean you will need 7 lands and a crypt ghast, or 5 lands and 2 crypt ghast. Really easy to make in this deck.

If somehow he has a lot of permanents or a lot of life try to stay more time on the game with momentous fall, tendrils of corruption or just defending yourself with Korlash or the hydra (really strong big monsters in this deck btw), until you get 1 or 2 more lands (since every land will mean 2 or 3 more mana, allowing to repeat the hailfire process 2 or 3 times) or another crypt ghast. if you have more than 1 torment of hailfire in your hand just cast them on 2 consecutive turns for a win. Also you may just need to attack him if doing so you will  be able to destroy some of his creatures or reduce his life total, smoothing the path for torment of hailfire. Crypt Ghast ability "extort" can help with that as well while helping you resist some turns.

Borg

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Hell on Earth
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 11:02:18 pm »

flavourin

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 11:55:28 pm »
Check out Courser of Kruphix and Oracle of Mul Daya.

The centaur looks great, also the 4 toughness and the mana gaining would help defending while preparing the lands and crypt ghast. However I think the 4 mana for the oracle is a bit expensive. since the goal is to keep the game as short as possible I think that it would only help with one land maybe, not much more since the early land rampage of sakura-tribe elder and korlash will make lands much less probable to show. I think that another nissa in orther to make it more possible to show, for exemple, would do a better job.

However I'll try some convinations with those cards, especially the centaur. thanks!

THEpuy

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 12:11:06 am »
Looking way better! Nice job!

flavourin

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 12:16:37 am »
Thank you! ^^

Borg

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 12:46:47 am »
Nissa, Vastwood Seer is made for this type of deck, so two copies seem appropriate.
Wood Elves are also allowed in Modern.
Too bad Yvimaya Elder isn't.