deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Feed Me!  (Read 200 times)

Bkotz

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Feed Me!
« on: December 14, 2017, 06:24:19 am »
Thinking of making a deck like this.
Feed Me!

Goal is to quickly ramp so i can get as many creature tokens out as possible before i cast Thromok and then use cards like mage slayer or fling to win the game.

What do you think?

Soren841

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Feed Me!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 06:50:26 am »
You could just use a token commander and win by going wide, it removes an entire step from your win condition, which frees up a ton of card slots
Nils is the God I worship

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 08:34:39 am »
Thromok is insanely fun!!  Go for it!!! 
To get your mana ramp going, you need a few more ramp spells ... Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Collective Voyage, maybe Tempt with Discovery if your playgroup doesn't know not to be tempted.  Increase your count of basics, so that you don't wiff with your searches.
Then augment the mana base with a few more mana dorks and rocks ... Llanowar Elves, Talisman of Impulse, Savage Ventmaw, and my favorite Gruul mana-dork ... Zhur-Taa Druid.
With all the searching and ramping, you may only need 36 lands to get rolling.  I've successfully used as few as 33 in a heavy ramp deck.
Happy Brewing!
:)

Bkotz

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 01:57:58 am »
I think im going to replace any land that comes into play tapped unless it has an ability i cant refuse.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 03:58:58 am »
Wanting to cut ETB tapped lands, and based on this list there are 10 lands that I personally would cut.  This is just my personal opinion based on my own play style and preference.  Feel free to disagree and build however you like.  That said:

Balduvian Trading Post - you have to sac an untapped land, so it doesn't net you any mana.
Blighted Woodland - green has much more effecient mana ramp.  Replace with Myriad Landscape if you have one.
Dwarven Hold - I generally find that I don't get much use out of these storage lands; you have to keep it tapped down to charge it.
Kazandu Refuge - ETB tapped
Oran-Rief, the Vastwood - Your commander doesn't care about the power of the creatures it eats. - also ETB tapped.
Rugged Highlands -ETB tapped
Rushwood Grove - takes 2 turns before you have even 1 mana available
Terminal Moraine - Evolving Wilds & Terramorphic Expanse work just fine, you don't need to spend 2 mana for the same effect.
Kher Keep - 2 mana for a 0/1 is an ability I almost never play.
Painted Bluffs - It's only a 2-color deck with mana ramp spells and abilities.  You should never need this ability.

Just my $0.02.  Happy Brewing!   :)
Happy Brewing!
:)