deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Best One Mana Spells in Ixalan Standard - GREEN  (Read 305 times)

DelverMage

• Decks
Best One Mana Spells in Ixalan Standard - GREEN
« on: December 21, 2017, 05:32:30 pm »
Green is providing quality over quantity in Ixalan Standard.  There are only 4 cards on my list but 2 of them are in the Top 5.  One of them I believe would also be considered controversial as it does not see much play in constructed but the question is, 'How many cards can you draw for one mana'?

Creatures

Narnam RenegadeNarnam Renegade is the sidekick of Rigging Runner.  A 1/2 elf warrior with deathtouch is a very good card for one green mana.  But wait!  There’s more!  If you summon Narnam Renegade after you lose a permanent it gets a +1/+1 counter!  2/3 deathtouch elf for one green mana.  So now Evolving Wilds can give you a land AND trigger your Narnam Renegade to be the beefy version.

Spells

BANNEDAttune with Aether – A staple green ability, enhanced with a shot of energy has made Attune with Aether a go to card for almost any deck that has green.  It is a great color fixer plus that energy can be used to feed other, more dangerous creatures.  Even if your deck is not really energy based, if used in the same deck as Aether Hub, it helps to keep those fueled as well.  Attune with Aether is a top 5 card in Ixalan Standard format.

Blossoming Defense – Besides the fact that it should be renamed to Blossoming Offense, Blossoming is the number one combat trick in Ixalan Standard.  Facing an opposing use +2/+2 and hexproof will cause one to lose both their momentum and their now fizzled spell.  It is like Bristling Hydra brand No Stick Pam, fortified with extra protein. This is also a top 5 card in Ixalan Standard.

Sideboard

Shapers’ Sanctuary – This is a card that I have only had played against me in one match.  I do get why energy based decks do not use this card or any tight agro deck, but here is an enchantment for one mana that gets you a card every time your opponent targets one of your creatures.  Fatal Push, nets you a card.  Cast Out, nets you a card. Glorybringer exerts….and you get to draw.  Hello!?!  I can understand that the later in the game it shows up, the less likely it will be useful or effective.  On the flip side once you start having them in multiples…..
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 08:47:35 pm by DelverMage »

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
Re: Best One Mana Spells in Ixalan Standard - GREEN
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 07:09:18 pm »
Green is providing quality over quantity in Ixalan Standard.  There are only 4 cards on my list but 2 of them are in the Top 5.  One of them I believe would also be considered controversial as it does not see much play in constructed but the question is, 'How many cards can you draw for one mana'?

Creatures

Narnam RenegadeNarnam Renegade is the sidekick of Rigging Runner.  A 1/2 elf warrior with deathtouch is a very good card for one green mana.  But wait!  There’s more!  If you summon Narnam Renegade after you lose a permanent it gets a +1/+1 counter!  2/3 deathtouch elf for one green mana.  So now Evolving Wilds can give you a land AND trigger your Narnam Renegade to be the beefy version.

Spells

Attune with Aether – A staple green ability, enhanced with a shot of energy has made Attune with Aether a go to card for almost any deck that has green.  It is a great color fixer plus that energy can be used to feed other, more dangerous creatures.  Even if your deck is not really energy based, if used in the same deck as Aether Hub, it helps to keep those fueled as well.  Attune with Aether is a top 5 card in Ixalan Standard format.

Blossoming Defense – Besides the fact that it should be renamed to Blossoming Offense, Blossoming is the number one combat trick in Ixalan Standard.  +2/+2 and hexproof will cause you to lose both your momentum and your now fizzled spell.  It is like Bristling Hydra brand No Stick Pam, fortified with extra protein. This is also a top 5 card in Ixalan Standard.

Sideboard

Shapers’ Sanctuary – This is a card that I have only had played against me in one match.  I do get why energy based decks do not use this card or any tight agro deck, but here is an enchantment for one mana that gets you a card every time your opponent targets one of your creatures.  Fatal Push, nets you a card.  Cast Out, nets you a card. Glorybringer exerts….and you get to draw.  Hello!?!  I can understand that the later in the game it shows up, the less likely it will be useful or effective.  On the flip side once you start having them in multiples…..

Good picks. Narnam Renegade works with so many things. I will say that if Shaper's Santuary makes the cut, Honorable Mention should go to:

Take Down - sure, it is sorcery speed, but if you wanna kill a glorybringer or a swarm of thopters, 1 mana is a sweet price.

Life Goes On - crushing to a ramunap red opponent that purges all resources to burn you down, and at instant speed.

Greenbelt Rampager - creature etb trigger and energy for one mana. If you are in green, odds are you are in energy, so putting down a 3/4 on turn 2 happens frequently. This may even surpass honorable mention status.

Cool series of threads on the 1-drops in standard by color, thanks for your ideas.
https://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
https://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
https://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac

DelverMage

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 01:49:15 am »
Good points, CardAgain.

Thanks for the add!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 09:20:59 pm by DelverMage »

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 01:55:12 am »
You should do this for modern too! I think for Vintage and Legacy, if you keep it up, it should be a list of staples instead if best 1 drops. But this is useful because having a turn 1 play in Standard and Modern is very important
Nils is the God I worship