deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Standard Merfolk - Comments  (Read 2297 times)

Comment Bot

Standard Merfolk - Comments
« on: January 03, 2018, 08:59:45 pm »
Standard Merfolk

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

lombatonta

• Decks
Re: Standard Merfolk - Comments
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 08:59:53 pm »
Para aprovechar el potencial de kumena no sería bueno meter fichas de triton con el conjuro de estanques de raíz profunda?

HolyBird2000

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 09:49:24 pm »
Lo pense, pero este arquetipo tiene opciones mucho por las cartas coste tres, y no sé que corta por eso.  Los tres son muy fuerte.  Mis desculpas, yo no soy un hablante nativo.  I’m writing this with half a semester of spanish 202 under my belt, so I’m kinda clueless when it comes to colloquial and specific stuff like magic.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 09:51:18 pm by HolyBird2000 »

HolyBird2000

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 09:55:32 pm »
Are the oasises worth it or nah?

Benjamin

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 07:33:18 am »
What about metallic mimic?

HolyBird2000

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 04:40:40 pm »
So, here’s the deal.  People say the 3 drop slot is hard, but the 2 drop slot has just as much macho at this point.  At 2 we have Mimic, Branchwalker, Silvergill, Mistbinder, and Elite.  I’m going to be playing silvergill because I love the card and want the cycling.  I’m playing Mistbinder cause it’s a lord.  Unconditional.  So, in my mind, it comes down to MimicvBranchwalkervElite.  Branchwalker is a close equivalent to Silvergill imo.  It helps you get through your deck, or has a pseudo-scry that turns it into a 3 power 2-drop.  But, it only counters itself, and my plan is essentially a go-wide deck with midrange size threats using Streams to guarantee damage.  So, I want either mimic or elite to spread the counters.  I ended up picking elite because in some situations I believe it works better to be able to stack the counters on a single creature.  Running Kumena is part of this, as without a herald I can still make him unblockable and swing for a ton.  While this become problematic if I run out of ways to protect my threat, Elite gives me the flexibility of having it operate in the exact same way as mimic.  So that’s why I picked that.  I suppose one of the 3 drops could be cut for mimic as well?  Testing is required.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 06:10:27 am »
The Silvergill and Branchwalker. One of them has to drop to 3 because they honestly aren't good
Nils is the God I worship

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 06:12:14 am »
Drop one of each and go to 4 Jadelight Rangers because it's good

HolyBird2000

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 06:59:21 am »
How exactly are they not good?  I need more explanation than that, because silvergill has been a consistently great card when I've played it in the past and branchwalker functions as essentially the same card, either drawing you something(even if its only a land) or becoming a 2 drop with good stats that psuedo-scrys.  I need a bit more depth to this answer here mate.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 08:17:44 am »
It's a 3/2 For 2 or a land in ur hand.. how's that good? Silvergill is a 2/1 For two (bad) that replaces itself and you have to reveal a merfolk or pay another 3 mana.. just use a draw spell

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 09:17:47 am »
IF you wish to go wide with a merfolk army but still want to protect you heavy hitters then why not play cards such as herald of secret streams or use blinding fog to both protect AND conceal your army? This way you can hit with a lot of Merfolks, they can't be damaged, AND they will ALL be hexproof. That's pretty good for an instant that only costs 3 mana. This way you have a way to swing hard with your army and the damage has ways of getting through.

apoapostolov

• Producer, Data Lead @ Gameloft Sofia
  • Decks
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 10:21:09 am »
Consider updating with Hadana's Climb. https://imgur.com/7TxWADL

HolyBird2000

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 03:29:13 pm »
Soren, I’m going to assume you haven’t played with Silvergill Adept.  Because that theory of it being bad has been disproven by competitive play for a LONG time.  Branchwalker I could see being changed, but st the same time I feel redundancy in Silvergill-esque effects is good.  Plus, my t4 will often be either herald, Nissa (post-board) or double 2 drop, and more cycles from those double 2 drops won’t hurt.  Also, since when is a 3/2 for 2 that basically scrys bad?  I just don’t see your logic here.  I had chart a course in originally, but I think having cycle effects stapled onto merfolk is just stronger in this shell.

HolyBird2000

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 03:33:59 pm »
And, I’m not sure about climb honestly.  Idk what I would want to run it over, it’s a good finisher, but I feel like all is cut is ranger, which is already a great card. Maybe as a 1-of, again more testing needed but it’s kinda slow for my 3 slots, since I’d like to slam wide on 4/5.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 04:13:02 pm »
A 2/1 for 2 that draws just isn't good though, especially giving  your opponent more info about your hand. A 1 mana draw spell (opt serum visions etc) would be a lot better