deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: WWolfe's Top 10 EDH cards from Rivals of Ixalan  (Gelesen 653 mal)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
WWolfe's Top 10 EDH cards from Rivals of Ixalan
« am: Januar 10, 2018, 07:28:18 Nachmittag »
Don't have the time to post images right now, maybe one of the mods can or I'll come back later and try to.

Tried to not base them simply on my decks, but more an overall take on the game. Hopefully I did that.

1- Azor, the Lawbringer
As either the commander or one of the 99, this card fits nicely into a control or stax deck. Even if that's not your style it can be enough of a lockdown to give you a turn to to reshape the field state. All this and not even mentioning the second ability for lifegain and card advantage.

2- The Immortal Sun
Six mana for an artifact that locks down Super Friend decks, draws you an extra card while reducing the cost of your spells, and pumps your creatures will go well in just about any deck.

3- Path to Discovery
Any creature heavy deck will love this, additionally it helps ensure you don't miss land drops by the lands going to your hand.

4- Huatli, Radiant Champion
Probably the best Planeswalker for token strategies. First ability gives you the chance to ultimate her on the second turn she's out, her middle ability gives one creature a nice buff, and the emblem you gain from her ultimate ensures card advantage in token/creature heavy decks.

5- World Shaper
This card has the potential to be a house in Sidisi, Gitrog, or Meren decks. Playing lands from the graveyard is always nice in a format with Strip Mine, Dust Bowl, Fetch Lands, & multiple other utility lands that end up in the graveyard.

6- Twilight Prophet
Fits into not only Vampire decks, but any black deck. I really wanted to put this card higher but the strength of this set for Commander is so deep. card advantage and taking life off your opponents while gaining the life is a nice synergy in black.

7- Blood Sun
Not only does it hose your opponents utility lands, it allows to play shocklands and bouncelands without the drawbacks. It does give the same benefit to your opponents which is why it's not slightly higher.

8- Journey to Eternity/Atzal, Cave of Eternity
Immediate recursion on an important creature and then the ability to bring back any creature from your graveyard in Golgari is very relevant.

9- Storm the Vault/Vault of Catlacan
Another flip card, this one gives you ramp through Treasure artifacts and then the ability to ramp for each artifact you control.

10- Merfolk Mistbinder & Legion Lieutenant
Tribal support at a time when Vampire tribal is very popular in the format and Merfolk tribal is becoming more of a thing due to all the Merfolk in Ixalan & Rivals of Ixalan. Very specific to the decks they fit in is why it's not higher given their relevance at this moment.
« Letzte Änderung: Januar 10, 2018, 07:29:59 Nachmittag von WWolfe »
This space for rent.

Soren841

• Decks
Re: WWolfe's Top 10 EDH cards from Rivals of Ixalan
« Antwort #1 am: Januar 10, 2018, 07:31:21 Nachmittag »
World shaper isn't good in Gitrog and Sidisi, Gitrog is too fast house it and Sidisi is optimally ramping as fast as possible to cast it's commander and win with Ad Nauseam.. but it would work in Meren, Karador, etc
Nils is the God I worship

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Antwort #2 am: Januar 10, 2018, 07:36:16 Nachmittag »
There's other ways to build Sidisi than just the Ad Nauseam route, mine for instance is self mill Zombie tribal with alternate win cons of machine gunning or opponent mill.
« Letzte Änderung: Januar 10, 2018, 07:38:53 Nachmittag von WWolfe »
This space for rent.

Soren841

• Decks
« Antwort #3 am: Januar 10, 2018, 07:48:07 Nachmittag »
But objectively they're not as good

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Antwort #4 am: Januar 10, 2018, 07:57:14 Nachmittag »
But objectively they're not as good

Not going to disagree, it's just a matter of preference. Personally I'm not a fan of Ad Nauseam, even though I played it at one point, because I've seen it in enough other decks that it's a boring win con to me.

I think the two cards I'm most looking forward to however are Azor and Twilight Prophet.
This space for rent.

Soren841

• Decks
« Antwort #5 am: Januar 10, 2018, 08:00:53 Nachmittag »
I've already preordered Zacama 😂

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Antwort #6 am: Januar 10, 2018, 08:09:16 Nachmittag »
Zacama looks like it can be just nasty. I may end up building a Naya deck around him- that's one of the color combos I'm missing in the Chromatic challenge.

I'm super excited for Azor. Like I said in another thread (I think it was on this forum, maybe not)- I'm retooling my Daxos of Meletis pillowfort/voltron deck to fit Azor. That's going to also retool two other decks as I move cards out of that build and into those decks (voltron to Tajic token/voltron & blue spells that don't fit my vision of Azor to my Talrand Drake overrun).
This space for rent.