deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] TCP's Sliver (WiP)  (Read 201 times)

TheCrazyPlayer

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] TCP's Sliver (WiP)
« on: January 17, 2018, 07:35:33 am »
TCP's Sliver (WiP)

Sliver Tribal Commander deck (Based off "A Study in Slivers" from Tolarian Community College)

Still trying to whittle the wheat from the chaff, so it's fat by 17 cards. Open to suggestions.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] TCP's Sliver (WiP)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 02:02:46 pm »
You can run without the signets. I run a Sliver deck with 40 lands, Chromatic Lantern, & the two slivers that make slivers tap for mana (Manaweft & Gemhide) and have never had a problem.

I run a lot more tribal effects in mine, stuff like Aphetto Dredging, Harsh Mercy, Mana Echoes, etc..

Also, why not run Sliver Hivelord? Between it's indestructible and Crystalline Sliver giving shroud, your board is almost untouchable.

Feel free to check mine out for some possible suggestions.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 02:04:38 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

TheCrazyPlayer

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 10:13:55 pm »
Hey, WWolfe! Thanks for taking the time to look this over.

I'm a little hesitant to run too much tribal right now, because the meta (at least where I live) is very tribal; the last full Commander game I played, 4 of the 5 decks being played were tribal. As for Mana Echoes, it's a tasty card, but it's also ~$25; That's basically Sliver Overlord, Sliver Hivelord, and Unnatural Selection for one card. (Did I mention I'm cheap? Because, I am.)

Sliver Hivelord is in the deck; the reason he (it?) isn't the Commander is because I can just have the Overlord tutor for him (or any other Sliver I need).

Again, thanks for the feedback; I'm open to more suggestions.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 10:18:28 pm »
Youre fucking slivers, your only choices is tribal
Nils is the God I worship

TheCrazyPlayer

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 10:34:46 pm »
Youre fucking slivers, your only choices is tribal

Hey, Soren.

So, allow me to clarify: Yes, I am committed to tribal by nature of the deck. However, because my local meta is very tribal, I'm trying to keep to cards that only help my tribe; I'm already taking a risk with Coat of Arms (betting I can get more out of it than the other guys), so I need to be careful that any other tribal buffs only help me. On the flip side, removal cards that say things like "Each Player chooses a creature type; all other creatures are destroyed." aren't very good when everyone else (or almost everyone else) is also playing tribal.

To recap: I need to keep my buffs limited to my tribe (if possible) and my debuffs/removal broad.

Thanks for your time.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 05:40:51 am »
Hey, WWolfe! Thanks for taking the time to look this over.

I'm a little hesitant to run too much tribal right now, because the meta (at least where I live) is very tribal; the last full Commander game I played, 4 of the 5 decks being played were tribal. As for Mana Echoes, it's a tasty card, but it's also ~$25; That's basically Sliver Overlord, Sliver Hivelord, and Unnatural Selection for one card. (Did I mention I'm cheap? Because, I am.)

Sliver Hivelord is in the deck; the reason he (it?) isn't the Commander is because I can just have the Overlord tutor for him (or any other Sliver I need).

Again, thanks for the feedback; I'm open to more suggestions.

You're welcome man. Always glad to help.

I didn't notice Hivelord in your deck list. Usually with mine Hivelord & Crystalline are the first two I search for depending on where we are in the game.

BTW- I legitimately LOL'ed at your comment about being cheap!
This space for rent.