deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Competitive Krenko - Comments  (Read 1875 times)

Comment Bot

Competitive Krenko - Comments
« on: February 20, 2018, 05:31:48 pm »
Competitive Krenko

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

mbueschken

• Self-proclaimed EDH connaisseur
  • Decks
Re: Competitive Krenko - Comments
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 05:31:53 pm »
Did you try Imperial Recruiter? He basically searches for almost, if not every creature in the deck, no goblin though.
"I come looking for demons and I find a plane full of angels. I hate angels."
Liliana Vess

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 05:51:49 pm »
I have no doubt that Imperial Recruiter would be good. But I have better things to spend my money on.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 04:54:38 pm »

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 12:21:08 pm »
The new goblins of M19 means some significant changes to Krenko.

Revision 20

Added/removed cards:
-1 Bloodlust Inciter
-1 Fire Diamond
-1 Krenko's Command
-1 Reckless Rage
+1 Dark-Dweller Oracle
+1 Goblin Instigator
+1 Goblin Motivator
+1 Goblin Trashmaster

PaddySweady

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 01:23:38 pm »
The new M21 Core Set has been announced. Have you considered adding the Conspicuous Snoop / Kiki / Mogg Fanatic Combo and which Cards would you sort out? Thanks

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2020, 01:42:03 pm »
So I have thought about it, and I'm probably not going to use this combo. To initiate it you need to play Goblin Recruiter turn 2, and then wait for turn 3, giving your opponents a full turn cycle to prepare. Also, Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker and Mogg Fanatic are still dead cards.

I might still include Conspicuous Snoop as a value piece though. I'll have to try it out.

araujodavif

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2020, 12:46:49 pm »
What about Jeska's Will and War Room?

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2021, 01:28:33 am »
War Room is a definite no. I'm not paying effectively four mana to draw one card. That is not a good enough upside for this deck. I've been thinking about Jeska's Will, but I'd like to do a little more testing.

cody2op

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2021, 02:52:56 pm »
very nicely done! What about deflecting swat?? Krenko can be scary and using people's own spells to destroy their board is funny.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2021, 05:51:18 pm »
Deflecting Swat is something I've been wanting to fit in, but it's proving to be difficult. It is really good protection. I'm sure that once I start regularly playing again I'll be able to find a good switch.

wolfhunter2515

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2021, 01:16:14 pm »
Hej, Deck looks very nice but I don‘t get it: why are you using fetchlands when you play a monocolored deck? Did I miss something?
Instead of fetchlands I would add a Castle Embereth and a Vesuva (to copy Command Beacon or the Castle).
Have you think about Throne of the God-Pharaoh? Think that could be funny when there are a mass of tapped gobbos.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2021, 01:32:34 pm »
The fetch lands synergize with Sensei's Divining Top. If I look at the top three cards and don't like any of them, I can play and use a fetch land to shuffle the deck, putting three new cards on top.

I would never use Castle Embereth. It's ability costs effectively 4 mana, and just isn't good. Vesuva has two problems. It enters tapped, and the only land that's worth copying is Ancient Tomb. A basic mountain is just a better choice.

I have used Throne of the God-Pharaoh in the past, but there are better things to use for a damaged-based win. Most of these things I went over in the primer, so I would suggest reading that if you have any other questions.

dinkyfink

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2021, 06:41:46 am »
I noticed you notably excluded Conspicuous Snoop and Kiki-Jiki for reasons I agree with on their own. However, I have found flexible mid-game combo potential with their inclusion. Goblin Matron or another tutor (Mogg Catcher), fetching Goblin Recruiter top-deck of Conspicuous Snoop, Skirk Prospector, Goblin Warchief or Goblin Chieftain, and Kiki-Jiki, Mirror-Breaker. Thoughts?

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2021, 11:19:39 am »
This combo still has the same problem as the other one in that you still need to draw a card after playing Goblin Recruiter, and it also takes a higher up-front mana cost (it's still better to use Torch Courier as the haste enabler). And then by the end of it you still need an outlet. You make infinite copies of Conspicuous Snoop, and you have access to infinite mana, but then you still have to copy Goblin Recruiter again to get Mogg Fanatic.