deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: The Art of Rea... Ehm, Cascade! Jund Reanimator - Comments  (Read 152 times)

Comment Bot

The Art of Rea... Ehm, Cascade! Jund Reanimator - Comments
« on: March 06, 2018, 04:30:32 pm »
The Art of Rea... Ehm, Cascade! Jund Reanimator

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Socksofgrandeur

• Decks
Re: The Art of Rea... Ehm, Cascade! Jund Reanimator - Comments
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 04:30:37 pm »
Your odds of cascading into exhume are lower than your odds of not. :/

Socksofgrandeur

• Decks
Re: The Art of Rea... Ehm, Cascade! Jund Reanimator - Comments
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 04:43:08 pm »
And just a few draws shows me an average of hitting my first cascade spell on turn 4, and before that, I'm not really doing much :/

Just some food for thought. There is a real limitation to running cards with 2+ mana cycling costs. You don't get to see as many cards. I'd recommend picking 1 or 2 finishers with 2 mana cycling costs, and committing to them. Don't cut Deadshot Minotaur, as against almost any blue deck, he represents a 2 for 1, which is nice to have around.

I feel like your list is greedy, hoping for too many things to just work out in your favor. It's ok to be a little greedy, but you need to make sure the rest of your deck is consistent enough to support it. You have 2 copies of faithless looting and 2 ulamog's crushers in your list. That means that if you draw an ulamogs crusher, you NEED your cascade spell to hit a faithless looting, then you NEED to either draw exhume, or another cascading spell to capitalize on discarding the crusher. You'd be better off replacing those 4 cards with 4 copies of gnaw to the bone, as it will help you survive to the late game, where you can exhume multiple times to go over your opponent's game plan, and won't get in the way of finding the right spell you need when you cascade.

The same is true with your 2/2 split with doom blade and terminate. You're better off just committing to terminate to guarantee that when you need to hit a removal spell, it can remove what you want. But you're best off not making cascade a 50/50 chance to get the effect you need to get.