deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] U/W/b Spirits  (Read 206 times)

kayzil

• Decks
[Modern] U/W/b Spirits
« on: March 20, 2018, 05:27:00 am »
U/W/b Spirits

The strategy for this deck is being as fast as you can to get ether Geist on the field on turn 3, or a "Bullet Proof" Board with Two Drogskol Captain on the field and a Selfless spirit to be fully protected, getting the board full in your turn and in opponent's. also protecting with whatever is on the field in the meantime with Spell Queller, Mausoleum and Rattlechains.

With occasional removal and pump up spells as long as card advantage to get whatever you need.

This Deck should be played fast and overwhelm your opponent in the first turns.

For the sideboard the deck can become a little bit more control for aggro decks and cheap enchantment removal, also added Figure of Destiny for decks with blood moon in it.

burn your face

• Decks
Re: [Modern] U/W/b Spirits
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 10:26:53 pm »
I love this shell. Here are a few things that I think would improve it. I think serum visions should be replaced by aether vial. In an tempo based thribal aggro deck, I just don't think it has a place. I also think geist, and queller are not great together. I would get rid of the geist, because it can' even attack on a lot of boards, and a far as synergy goes, the token isn't a spirit. I also think making room for some mutavaults in the manabase should be a priorityMaybe cutting a moorland haunt to make room, but 3 or 4 would be really strong. Hope this helps.

kayzil

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 12:47:29 am »
Thanks, I actually I appreciate the feedback, it's always welcome and now that you mention it yes, I could cut the serum visions, but to replace it for Aether vial sure it is an imporvement for sure, I would need time, all the lands I have I trade them and was no easy task but for sure it's something to considerate for. I also thinking on cutting one land to put 1 Cavern of Souls, but whne trade one.
I will test what you're saying about the Geist and queller, although I like both cards and if the strategy of aggro doesn't work, I have a "second" plan with Geist. But I will play both versions at least in proxy to see the difference.
Thanks really, I always try to make my own decks with what I have, and this was my main deck qhe queller and the others where legal in standard.
Now I'm moving little by little to modern but with almost the same deck. but better hahaha... it perfoms well enough, I beat GR Tron once, Storm Once, and WU control twice, so, it's being going good.
For sure I will considerate wat you told me. and if you have more insights and want to try the deck, let me know what did you change, or if you played it as it is and I'll appreciate the feed back again.

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 03:50:24 pm »
Thanks. You are right about cavern.