deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Muroidea - feedback desired  (Read 291 times)

Calluna

• Decks
[Modern] Muroidea - feedback desired
« on: May 03, 2018, 03:59:52 am »
Muroidea

Note: pulled out the Bone Splinters for Cast Down.

Fast, cheap deck. Colony and other rats out; typhoid rats for blocks if needed; metallic mimic gets counters on so that the colony or pack rat damage builds up rapidly. Crypt ghast, counters, and creature removal available if the deck doesn't come out as fast as intended.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 07:15:31 am by Calluna »

burn your face

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Muroidea - feedback desired
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 04:07:59 am »
Cool deck. I'm not sure how I feel about the crypt ghast. It seems really slow. For removal, you might want to play, fatal push, disfigure, or cast down. I would recommend 6 or 7 removal spells. They are good against a large portion of the format, and you can turn them into gas lat game in matchups where they are not great. Bone splinters also doesn't seem like the most optimal one.

Good luck
Hope this helps

Calluna

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 04:21:57 am »
Thanks - Cast down might be a better option than bone splinters indeed. I'm also still on the fence about about crypt ghast - it was really for when the game goes on longer than it is supposed to with this deck and it could be useful to bring more mana to bear. This is a baby deck, though, so we'll see if it stays. :)

Double Lunatic

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 09:04:23 am »
Hi! Cool deck. Why not add something that gives lifelink like whip of erebos to every creature and also you can bring back the rats. Thought of that cause if you encounter a all flying or swampwalk or protection from black Life's goes down quick. Hope this helps

Double Lunatic

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 09:38:43 am »
Also. For something a little bit of more use, if you change crypt ghast(which is a great card) Why not try corrosive mentor? It makes creatures give damages on -1/-1 so even if defending creature(s) survive, they won't be able to recover.

But if you stay with Crypt Ghast i think that for removal you should try Torment of hailfire. By the time you cast Crypt Ghast next turn you can do a massive damage on opponet field and life points

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 03:50:09 pm »
these ideas are really cool. The issue is, when you are trying to cast crypt ghast and than follow it up with another big spell afterwards, you don't have any meaningful board impact until turn 4 or 5. modern is a fast format, and when you are building your deck around something that doesn't do anything until turn 4 or 5, and that thing doesn't win you the game on the spot, than I think you are going to get run over by most of the field. Same thing goes for a 3 mana 1/1, that doesn't do anything other than combat tricks, that are not necessarily going to win you the game.

These are just my thoughts though, and I hope this helps.

Calluna

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 05:14:34 pm »
When I played this deck last evening, it was fast every time and the engine worked as designed. Won with three mana, but four was optimal and what I usually had by the end of the game. I did actually use crypt ghast once when between blue deck counters  and unfortunate draw I had only 2 rats on the field and less early damage than usual- that game took a little longer and I won it on extort.

Keep the thoughts coming - it all helps!!

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 05:24:37 pm »
If you plan on building a sideboard, maybe crypt ghast could go in the board, and you could bring it in when your playing a slower more grindy matchup.

Calluna

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2018, 05:28:11 pm »
I was thinking seriously of trading in the crypt ghasts for one mana rats and counters to improve the deck's effectiveness on the first drop since I pulled the bone splinters and have only the typhoid rats for one mana, but I'm not seeing any great options.

MonteTribal

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2018, 08:24:47 pm »
Instead of Crypt Ghast, what about Liliana of the Dark Realms? Same cost, Adds mana, and can remove something annoying.

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2018, 08:32:39 pm »
I think liliana has the same issue that crypt ghast has. Probably more so. taping out on turn 4 for a card that basically just gives you more mana. This deck is an aggro deck, so I cant see needing the mana.

Calluna

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 10:06:25 pm »
I'm agreeing with burn your face that most or all of crypt ghast needs to be in a sideboard, moved out  in favor of a few more counters and creatures.