deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Token Fun  (Read 302 times)

Nokthar

• Decks
[Standard] Token Fun
« on: May 08, 2018, 12:43:18 am »
Token Fun

Dont really know  if this is a good deck?!
So if you would help with some good cards!

PTSS

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Token Fun
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 01:44:54 am »
I decided to remake it to help better visualize the changes I would've made and assumed you want to stick to Selesnya colours as much as possible. First (obvious) change was resorting the cards to their function. added 2 tendershoots, 4 fungal plots, 2 heroic interventions, 4 song of freyalise, 4 naturalize, 4 vicious offerings and 4 woodland groves (+1 swamp for the vicious offerings). Songs for mana ramping and eventual buff, tendershoot will be the top target for removal spells so more is better. Fungal plots I treat as contingencies against settle the wreckages and powerful (non-trample) attackers, block the attackers and sacrifice 2 saprolings at any time to gain 2 life and draw a card? Do the same for all your attacking saprolings against a settle the wreckage, it's better than getting a handful of basic lands out... trust me. I cut out one of the tap dual-lands and considered taking the other (scattered groves) out too to help improve overall speed, left them in solely because of their cycling ability. Removed Shanna, she doesn't contribute significantly to the deck imo beside being a distracting beater. Naturalize is for dealing with seal away, cast outs, and unwanted sagas (such as phyrexian scriptures or use it on their fall of thran to deny them land return, song of freyalise hopefully should be on the field for backup mana). vicious offering is a beautiful removal spell that can take out even indestructibles (now pretty common in the format), 2 mana for -2/-2 or sac a creature to kick it (which is super easy for saprolings) to give -5/-5 instead, killing Hazoret, Kefnet, Rhonas, the Locust/Scarab/Scorpion gods, opposing Shalais and lyra dawnbringer. Any questions I'm willing to answer, this is your deck after all! :)

https://deckstats.net/decks/104124/986650-token-fun-original-creator-nok
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 01:48:42 am by PTSS »

Nokthar

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 01:51:44 am »
Thank you! I will try this at my Next FNM and see how good it is.

PTSS

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 02:30:46 am »
Cool beans, let me know how it goes for ya!

Montero

• I make weird decks that I like and I love feedback
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 02:48:47 am »
I highly recommend more reveal like Seal Away and Cast Out so you can deal with the opponents bombs. I also think a Huatli, Radiant Champion or two would do the deck some good. Of course there are other token cards like Thopter Assembly and Sram's Expertise but you seem to be on the saproling plan which is cool to see. If you consider adding these cards in, I suggest taking out 1 Shanna and some Yavimaya Sapherds. Also one last card I suggest if you run out of gas or often have no cards to play and are top decking during the game, Lifecrafter's Bestiary just put 1 or 2. It really helps keep you going in the late game. Of course all of these are only recommendations and I am not the deck creator, you are, so you make the final decision and you know what's best for the deck you created. I wish you the best of luck with it!

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 06:33:39 pm »
Your deck was selected as our deckstats.net deck of the week this week. Congratulations!