deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Vampire Pike (Comments Encouraged) - Comments  (Read 629 times)

Comment Bot

Vampire Pike (Comments Encouraged) - Comments
« on: March 24, 2013, 07:36:51 pm »
This is the comment topic for Vampire Pike (Comments Encouraged).

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Vampire Pike (Comments Encouraged).

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Chekksboxx360

• Decks
Re: Vampire Pike (Comments Encouraged) - Comments
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 07:36:51 pm »
I like this combo a lot, my only change (not saying it's the right one) would be with the removal & counter magic, I like Simic charm more then unsummon because of the flexibility of the charm so I would drop unsummon and add more simic charms. With doing that and having Nightshade peddler arriving on turn two I would up the green outlets just a bit with either one or two copies of Rootbound Crag or Stomping Ground, Overgrown Tomb, or Woodland Cemetery.
Also essence scatter is hard to pull off with cavern of souls everywhere, I would drop those and add another dissipate and Izzet charm. Also Desolate Lighthouse is an awesome land for ramping Pike and drawing cards. Awesome deck construction. Have fun with this and take care.

manu214

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 03:45:53 am »
Thanks for the insights and comments! The 1:2 split of simic charm/unsummon makes your draws against aggro much more effective without taxing your mana. In addition, Snapcaster + unsummon is 1 less mana(in one color) than snapcaster + simic charm so that is more effective in my opinion with acually "tempo-ing" your opponent.
I do agree that CoS is a big deal in some decks right now, but against any deck that doesn't play it or doesn't draw it you outright beat them with this combination. Also, no creature that comes through with cavern of souls is going to live against Staticaster + peddler/ olivia + peddler, thus i think it is safe to include them if only for just how good it can be when they "don't have it."
I thought about the addition of more green/red/black sources, but i really want to have smooth draw power in keeping every land but 2 tapping for blue. Essentially, for maximum potential we want turn 1 thoughtscour, into turn 2 counterspell/think twice, into turn3 dissipate or staticaster. For this to work as efficiently as possible, i maximized my blue sources over anything else. If all else fails, 4 thoughtscour, 2 izzet charm, 3 think twice, 4 snapcaster should find whatever you are missing.
Desolate Lighthouse is a great idea. That being said, what land would you take out between Kessig or Alchemist's?

Chekksboxx360

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 01:40:05 am »
I see where you are going and still think this deck is awesome. I would take Refuge (even thought this is my favorite land in standard) only because you have instant speed access to your sorceries via snapcaster plus if your discarding them with lighthouse refuge has less opportunity. But it's all really what you like and are comfortable with. I am going to build this one and give it a whirl, should be fun watching the opponents cringe when I start Bonding souls :)