deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Casual] My Deck (Feedback)  (Read 409 times)

IVIythoclast

• Decks
[Casual] My Deck (Feedback)
« on: June 26, 2018, 01:52:27 am »
My Deck (Feedback)

I am relatively new to Magic and I was wondering if I could have feedback on my mono-white deck. It's really good at dealing with mono-black decks and red-black decks. Otherwise, it struggles against other decks.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 01:58:36 am by Epid »

undisputed_lord_of_edge

• Decks
Re: [Casual] My Deck (Feedback)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 02:45:17 am »
path to exile and exile should be replaced with Swords to Plowshares. Put disenchant in the sideboard.

undisputed_lord_of_edge

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 02:50:39 am »
more Savannah Lions. Solitary Monk, Priest , and Honor's Reward should be replaced with Sound the Alarm. Get rid of some two drops until you have 12. I'd suggest finding a place for Doomed Traveler.

shadowultd

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 02:52:15 am »
For you creatures I'd suggest making them a little more focused. Keeping your creatures to one or two types can benefit you greatly and will allow the use of lords (creatures that give +1/+1 to others of the chosen creature type, for example Knight Exemplar for Knights) From here you can find creatures that benefits from the lords' effect as well as its own. I notice your deck has alot of protection so to build on this example I'll use that too by bringing in both Fiendslayer Paladin and Mirran Crusader who both benefit from being knights whilst still carrying their own protection effects. ( I made a knight tribal deck a while ago which you can find here (https://deckstats.net/decks/14650/96294-defenders-of-justice) if your interested.

For your other spells you seem to have a theme of lifegain going on which is nice but right now it doesn't really accomplish much. Yes it does help you stall for a while but ask yourself would you be better off casting something else or at the very least make it work toward a win condition by using something like Chalice of Life, Ajani Goldmane or Ajani, Caller of the Pride.

I'm glad to see you using cards like Path to Exile and Disenchant as focused removal like these are usually pretty good. Oblivion Ring is another great removal spell in white and has the benefit of hitting anything.

Lastly I feel like the deck runs too many land considering nearly all of your cards cost 3 or less to cast. I'd say 18-20 would probably do this deck in its current state. Since your also running mono color Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx would be great for mana ramp. Other devotion cards may also be useful to you but that's up to yourself.

Hope this helps:p

undisputed_lord_of_edge

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 02:53:29 am »
Also, get rid of the black hate and protection. It does nothing when your opponent has no black stuff, and makes the game unplayable for black decks (and unfun)