deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Zombies with Unexpected Win Conditions  (Read 224 times)

Finnish Flash

• Decks
[Standard] Zombies with Unexpected Win Conditions
« on: August 04, 2018, 07:16:33 pm »

Trying this today at the local magic shop. Suggestions to improve on basic thesis welcome.

Sideboard has been built in essence to change into a standard fast zombie deck if I manage to miraculously win with the infinite combo too noticably.

Zombies with Unexpected Win Conditions

Four win conditions:
1/ Fast zombie damage
2/ Infinite combo with Arcane Adoptation + Liliana, Untouched by Death + Walking Ballista and one of the artifacts (Bontu's Monument, Desecreated Tomb or Metallic Mimic). WB and MM can be in hand or graveyard.
3/ Same as above, but instead of an artifact uses Plague Belcher
3/ Liliana's Contract + Arcane Adoptation (name Demon instead of Zombie) + 4 different creatures

Started playing Magic in 1994 and recently gotten back into it as my son is super interested.

ddevil_7

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Zombies with Unexpected Win Conditions
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 05:58:33 am »
I like the alternate win condition. I think you can improve upon Scrapheap Scrounger and Seekers Squire. Maybe consider some counter spells since you have blue.

Finnish Flash

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Zombies with Unexpected Win Conditions
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 08:09:40 am »
Played the deck with only 3 Death Barons and 2 Lord of the Acursed.

Games went 2-0, 0-2, 2-0, 0-2.

Pulled of infinite combo once. Once a turn away from winning with deamons, but beat that match with creature damage. Since this is not a creature heavy zombie deck I ended up playing most games with 2 Yahenni's Expertise.

Might develop this towards a purer zombie deck, leaving in 1 Arcane Adaptation, 2 Walking Ballistas and Desecrated Tomb. Could add a Spell Pierce or a Counterspell in to avoid early board swipes.