deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Guilds of Ravnica Gatewatch theories  (Read 323 times)

Firegriff

• Decks
Guilds of Ravnica Gatewatch theories
« on: September 27, 2018, 07:34:32 pm »
We know that the Gatewatch is on their way to Ravnica and will be trying to recruit the Guilds to help stop Nicol Bolas

Sorry in advance if I mispell the name of any Guild or Planeswalker...

Vraska will obviously lead the Golgari once her memories return.  So which guilds will each Planeswalker be likely to try to recruit?  Here are my theories:
Gideon: Boros.  He is a military background, and will want an army behind him.
Chandra:  Izzet.  She is a firebug, and the explosions and high energy of the guild will appeal to her.
Nissa: Probably a no-show.  If she does show up, maybe Selesnya, but I think that Ajani will be more likely there.
Jace: Dimir.  He is the only one I see with a chance of coming out alive if things go South.  Perhaps Azorius, since he is the Guildpact.
Vivien: Gruul, no question.  She is about freedom and the wild, so they are a natural fit.
Jaya:  If she tags along, she might be the only one able to influence the Rakdos.
Teferi: Probably Azorius.  Hard to detain some who can stop time.
Not sure who would best influence Simic and Orzhov.

Lilliana is Bolas' puppet at the moment.  He likely willput her in Golgari to keep an eye on her keeping an eye on Vraska keeping an eye on her.  But he might put her just as easily with the Orzhov.