deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Abzan Tomb Combo - Comments  (Read 324 times)

Comment Bot

Abzan Tomb Combo - Comments
« on: October 08, 2018, 07:52:20 pm »
Abzan Tomb Combo

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Finnish Flash

• Decks
Re: Abzan Tomb Combo - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 07:52:23 pm »
Nice idea. I really, really, like it! All the cards on your list really work well together.

Am I right that Gaea's Blessing only triggers Desecrated Tomb once at a time?

It's a shame that Desecrated Tomb only triggers when a creature leaves. Even so, if you manage to whitle your library so that you get a Blessing each or every other time Ajani's Welcome or multiple Desecrated Tomb's you are going to be even in terms of life lost. Later on in the game or by using Remourseful Cleric in smart way you could even go infinite with the life gain/bats.

The nice thing about Gaea's Blessing is that you would not necessarily need any green cards or mana in the deck at all to still work (altough Mending of Dominaria and World Shaper obviously work great in this), which opens up possibilities with other combos.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 09:04:21 pm by Finnish Flash »

Kaleonui

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 11:40:22 pm »
Hey thanks for the like Finnish!

If i have five creatures in the GY and Blessing triggers, then I get five bats per tomb that I have out. Multiple Desecrated Tomb and Ajani's Welcome will multiply those benefits. Even a drawn late game Blessing will net you three bats, three life, and draw a card for two mana. Also, remember Ajani's Pridemate benefits from each Welcome trigger, so one GY recycle can make your Pridemate a good +8/+8 really fast.

Finnish Flash

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 01:47:45 am »
You are welcome. I did check the ruling on Desecrated Tomb and it only creates one bat at a time even if many creatures would leave the graveyard: "7/13/2018: You create one Bat token each time Desecrated Tomb’s ability triggers, no matter how many cards left your graveyard."

Just brainstorming, but good single activation graveyard cards could be Reassembling Skeleton and Teshar, Ancestor's Apostle. Liliana, Untouched by Death would need to be built around with zombies.  Blood Operative is a bit expensive at 3 life, but would not need mana to leave the graveyard and might work together with Kraul, Swarm. Narcomoeba, would be great, but that's in blue.

I could even see a use for Lich's Mastery with the setup you have. Exile a creature, gain life, create bats.

Kaleonui

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 10:10:04 pm »
Yeah I saw the errata on that, but Mt:GO treats each creature leaving as a separate trigger. I imagine if that errata exists, it doesn't work on paper.

Kaleonui

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 10:19:22 pm »
For now at least, the combo works on MTGO.

A long way around might be Desecrated Tomb, Huatli, Radiant Champion (ultimate), and Underrealm Lich. Need to find a way to degenerate the Lich ability though, to draw more cards faster.

Finnish Flash

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 11:19:56 pm »
Ha ha, your opponents on MTGO better watch out! I wish it worked that way as well.

I played a bit on a Dimir version where I tried to solve the issue with Enhanced Surveillance. The effect stacks, so with two on the board you can surveil 6 with Doom Whisperer and it can act as a poor replacement to Gaea's Blessing. I just don't think it's elegant to kill people with a huge Dimir Spybug. Narcomoeba on the other hand, yes.