deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Izzet Wizard Blitz  (Read 148 times)

hotrodscott

• Decks
[Standard] Izzet Wizard Blitz
« on: September 22, 2018, 05:48:30 am »
Izzet Wizard Blitz

Trying to resurrect an old archetype in the new Standard with prowess creatures and lots of cheap spells.  Luckily, all creatures except Fire Urchin are wizards, so we can take advantage of the wizard synergy there as well. (Discounted casting cost on some of our instants and they get pumped by Adeliz, the Cinder Wind.)  Cast a creature or two and then cast a hasty Adeliz and an instant or two and she acts a bit like a bushwhacker effect to surprise your opponent.   

I want to try out maximum altitude because of the ability to jump-start it again later.   Crash through seems kind of weak because most creatures already are flyers or have trample. I have it main deck now for the card draw and prowess trigger.  Depending on how the meta shapes up, this may become dive down or maybe a mix of dive down and straight card draw spells. 

Thoughts?  I'm excited to play it!

hotrodscott

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Izzet Wizard Blitz
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 06:19:52 am »

Revision 3

Added/removed cards:
+2 Radical Idea
+3 (SB) Siren Stormtamer

Changed amounts:
-1 Thousand-Year Storm
-1 Wizard's Retort