deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Best Golgari Graveyard Strategy? (Aristocrats) Deck 2 of 4 - Comments  (Read 171 times)

Comment Bot

Best Golgari Graveyard Strategy? (Aristocrats) Deck 2 of 4

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Finnish Flash

• Decks
Re: Best Golgari Graveyard Strategy? (Aristocrats) Deck 2 of 4 - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 03:46:00 am »
I feel Plaguecrafter is a bit clunky normally, but works well in this deck with the tokens.

Did you think about including Abnormal Endurance to take advantage of the ETB triggers (particularly Izonis)?

How about song of Freyalise for speed up and +1/+1 counters (could maybe replace one land or one of the land fetching creatures)?

Mister.Ri

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 10:30:52 am »
I totally agree that the Golgari cards have a graveyard theme but not an obvious deck pattern! Kind of frustrating yet refreshing for deck building isn't it?

I would definitely find some slot for Journey to Eternity as that is a good reanimator card, but I understand your aristocrate theme, maybe you can put Torgaar, Famine Incarnate and more tokens with Rite of Belzenlok? Torgaar bringing down opponent to 10 life can make it easier to ping them to death. And if your own life point is low, you can target yourself back up to 10hp in a pinch.

bradcoish23

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 01:46:22 pm »
To the comments:

Finnish Flash
1) I think Abnormal EnduranIt might be a little cute for the main deck, but you'd need to test it to see. If the meta is heavy midrange or control then it looks solid.
2) Song of Freyalise is more of a tokens card IMO. While this deck has some tokens, it probably has better homes then here since usually you are just playing one creature per turn most games.
3) I agree Plaguecrafter is a bit clunky, I anticipating a lot of green stompy in this standard, at least for a while, so it is nice to have a main board answer to hexproof.
*I appreciate all the suggestions, it's funny that I was thinking over an abzan deck today that Song of Freyalise will go perfect in.

Mister Ri
1) Torgaar is a very interesting possibility that I never gave much thought. It's a huge sac engine that can save your butt or cut down an opponent. Besides being a solid body. Really interesting.
2) Rite of Belzenlok being 4cmc is the killer. It is such a busy slot. It does do everything you want to do with this deck though.
3) I think Aristocrats will be a real thing upon the release of Ravnica Allegience. I really expect Orzhov to contribute to this archetype.
4) I had a one of Journey to Eternity in the deck originally, but I just don't  like aura's lol. If you time it right JtE overcomes the normal aura issues, but if the opponent has mana up you can't cast it in fear of the two for one. It is awful powerful if you stick it though.
*I am definitely using some of these suggestions. Thanks. I anxious to see if a Golgari graveyard strategy can be tier 1 (or close), i just think the cards don't work well enough together. I bet the best parts simply slide into a midrange deck with little care of the graveyard. Hopefully not.