deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Red Blue Izzet - Pyromancer + Purphoros  (Read 256 times)

Tjornan

• Decks
[Standard] Red Blue Izzet - Pyromancer + Purphoros
« on: July 22, 2014, 03:05:27 am »
Hey all! I am new to magic and I am trying to start building a R/U Izzet Deck, since I love the flavor of Izzet cards and the balance of control and aggro they offer. This deck is designed to abuse the combination of guttersnipe, young pyromancer, and Purphoros. My biggest question is the balance of damage and control in this deck. I know a lot of Izzet decks tend to lean aggro or more control heavy, but I would like to try to balance them as best I could. 

Red Blue Izzet - Pyromancer + Purphoros

Could anyone give me some tips on this deck? I stuck battlefield thaumaturge in there because I didn't know what to put in the last card slot, and he could prove very useful for cyclonic rift or mizzium mortar combos. I know this is pretty weak thinking, since the odds of me getting him are very low.

While the topic of Izzet decks is on the table, I'd also like to explore a more fun and controlling Izzet deck (one that utilizes card draw, scry, etc). Could anyone suggest some good creatures for this type of deck? I find guttersnipe to be particularly useful, so I would like to keep him. Also Omenspeaker (1/3 scry 2 for 1U), Frostburn Weird, Aetherling, Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind, all seem to be good cards for a deck like this. Thanks for any help!

(Also, if someone could tell me how to remove links to cards directly from the post, that would be great.)