deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Thassa - Control Full - Comments  (Read 421 times)

Comment Bot

Thassa - Control Full - Comments
« on: October 04, 2018, 05:28:56 pm »
Thassa - Control Full

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

nickelphoenix

• Casual EDH player studying the ways of Witch-Maw.
  • Decks
Re: Thassa - Control Full - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 05:28:58 pm »
This is actually really cool. ❤️

SMFrenzel

• (primary) chaos and THG builded decks
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 08:46:19 pm »
Nice idea.. even nasty blue :) I love nasty blue....
But tricky against a deck with some removal spells... or in a chaos round...
I guess against a deck with a lot of strong / fast creatures, it will be hard to survive...

What about:

Aethersnatch
Gather Specimens
In Bolas's Clutches
Kheru Spellsnatcher

Voidmage Apprentice
Willbender

and of course... the Willbreaker ? ;)

Juh

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 09:11:14 pm »
Thanks men! =D

I'm actually playing in multiplayer mode with friends only, aka kitchen's table lol, so the game isn't that so fast. Most of players play big creature spells, so the plan consists in wait and take the big ceature for me!

That's why I don't use big cost spells like some of your list, they take tooo long sometimes. The choice for enchants instead sorceries or instants is to help Thassa's devotion! She's a great blocker! =)

And believe, my metagame is 80% green, counters and spot removals are uncommon, every time I update the list I remove one of them!

Anyway, thanks again for the tips!

SMFrenzel

• (primary) chaos and THG builded decks
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 06:52:42 am »
We also play only kitchen table...
But over the years the decks getting stronger, harder, faster, even more nasty ;)

In a multiplayer chaos round you don't have time for some big control spells ? Perhaps yo'll have to work on the mana base ;)
And just one Song of the Dryad, Darksteel Mutation or anything like this and you'll have to play without your Commander...

Anyhow, if this deck works in your playgroup, it's perfect !!

And believe, my metagame is 80% green, counters and spot removals are uncommon, every time I update the list I remove one of them!
This is really funny  ;D I just went the way in the other direction ;)

In the beginning, I also used Thassa as Commander. But for the last matches, I swapped to Arcanis. The card draw (in addition with some other abbilities) is awesome...

Just one more idea:

Add Exotic Orchard and perhaps some other lands / artifacts which give you mana of any color or mana your opponents could produce. So you could use some abilities of the creatures you've taken.
I added this to my constructed Clone Deck... and it's really helpful sometimes ;)

And look at the combination of Willbreaker and Reality Spasm... ;)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 08:07:54 pm by SMFrenzel »

Juh

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 09:28:39 pm »
Well, we've started with about 40% of new players or beginners, and most of them opt for prosperity game instead of control and disrupt lol

I really don't like spells with cc more than 4, that's the only why xD

Thassa works as a scry enchant or unblock trick, there's no big problem if she turns into a tree or a darkstell bug. Well, I think Arcanis is better than she, manly in mid/late game, but I'm a fan of merfolks and big fan of her hahaha I build the deck as a "blue devotion" only to use Thassa as commander =D

The idea of the exotic is incredible, I really want to consider... Yesterday I took control of Selvala, and them... meh, no habilities T.T