deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Zur the Enchanter - Comments  (Read 245 times)

Comment Bot

Zur the Enchanter - Comments
« on: October 09, 2018, 04:22:57 pm »
Zur the Enchanter

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

nickelphoenix

• Casual EDH player studying the ways of Witch-Maw.
  • Decks
Re: Zur the Enchanter - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 04:22:59 pm »
This is extremely well crafted. There is some insane synergy going on here. Lots of choices, lots of options. Lots of answers. I am curious about your choice to run Auramancer. I don't see a way to flicker it, and I don't see a sac outlet to sac-recur? Every enchantment and artifact is within Sun Titan range, and your running Thassa, So I appreciate what's going on... If your looking for a redundant safe guard which really speaks to my way-back-when old school mono-white roots (circa 4th edition - Ice age), Why not run Hanna, Ship's Navigator? She also falls within the Sun Titan range, ... so they have each others back, and Hanna becomes a redundant safety for your entire board as well without flickering or sac-recursion.

Again Fantastic job. Deep Freeze is also a great Anti-Commander card to sideboard if ever you play more then three opponents. I see your already running three.

At 10 artifacts, it's pretty good odds of drawing into at least one artifact in the early game if you want to try Artificer's Intuition -> Spellbook -> Necropotence. You're running Ethereal Amor and Steel of the Godhead So I wouldn't worry too much about the loss of life effect of Necropotence. We've also established that the artifact you would discard can be recovered by the Sun Titan, Hanna Ship's Navigator, or Auramancer. So, it's well worth giving up the artifact, and a chunk of life in the early game... After one or two games though, You're play group might start to build around that exploit if you abuse it EVERY game.

I was honestly considering building a Voltron Deck with ZuR from scratch, but I might actually build this instead <3 <3 <3
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 05:49:55 pm by nickelphoenix »

jonnie

• EDH Degenerate | Washed-up Modern Player
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 07:12:06 pm »
Thanks for the kind words and feed back. This was one of my favorite builds. I was inspired to build this deck after seeing some Solemnity + Phyrexian Unlife shenanigans done in modern. The deck isn't very optimized and I haven't revisited it since I first put it together. I mostly throw these together quickly to play with my group and I switch between decks pretty often. I put things like Auramancer in the deck just as simple value cards.
Hopefully I'll get a chance to revisit this deck soon. I'd love to take the cards and interactions you've recommended and put them in.
Feel free to take this deck and make it your own.

nickelphoenix

• Casual EDH player studying the ways of Witch-Maw.
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 07:18:39 pm »
Thanks, ... like I said, I wouldn't do a whole lot of tweaking. This is pretty well built. Synergy from start to finish. <3