deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Deckstats Competition - Make a [GOR] Deck!  (Read 1518 times)

MonteTribal

• Decks
Re: Deckstats Competition - Make a [GOR] Deck!
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2018, 10:46:57 pm »
Thanks.  Made a couple of changes to the design.  When I first made the deck, I hadn't made the sideboard yet, but thought it was just Guilds.  Added the sideboard in with knowledge, but I did not want to modify the original at the time once it was declared the other sets were allowed.  But always looking to get better!

It's a shame you didn't update it. v4 looks like a strong contender, I really like it!

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2018, 02:32:02 am »
Thank you!  I love looking for unique deck ideas and finding wys to do things others have not yet realized.  I still think Dimir will be the guild to beat, but each guild has great potential.  There are definitely tactics I have not seen used yet.  The reason the Roc Chargers were included was to keep the original design built around Haazda Marshal by giving him means of evasion to avoid getting it killed for just one token.

theClownsChapter

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2018, 12:02:50 pm »
Hi!
Thank you very much for the 1st Place!

Was my first time is browsed through the forum and stumbled opon this thread.
Tho white isnt my ballpark at all my brain immediately went into the challenge.

This challenge made a lot of fun. I like the creativity that was displayed here. Looking forward to defend my "title" in the next challenge.

In regards to my deck:
Like it always is, you build a Deck and 15 minutes later there are things you want to change or improve.
But I keept the list as a "week 1" deck against a unknown field.
I feel your suggested changes would be very important to survive in an competitive environment.  Some Negates, Dive Downs, Disdainful Strokes etc.

See you all.in the next challenge!

Greetings
Jim aka. theclownschapter
My favorite things about Magic:
1. Whenever you cast...
2. Deals damage divided as you coose...

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2018, 01:19:53 am »
Thank you for such interesting competitions we've been having. Unlike last competition I had time and put more thought into this one. My deck indeed needed an upgrade and love your suggestion but I don't particular like Lena, she just seems not to do enough for my deck so I took her out and put in Truefire Captain instead. Brings the avg mana cost down and his mentor with his taking damage ability seems to work out a whole heck of a lot better.

Great job to everyone :)
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me