deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Noyan Dar Spellslinger Control - Comments  (Read 177 times)

Comment Bot

Noyan Dar Spellslinger Control - Comments
« on: October 19, 2018, 01:16:53 pm »
Noyan Dar Spellslinger Control

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Judaspriester

• Decks
Re: Noyan Dar Spellslinger Control - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 01:16:54 pm »
Hmm.. also already thought about building him. With 1 or 2 more spells to make Creatures/lands indestructible (1 turn would be enough), you could also play stuff like Armageddon. with indestructible land creatures this would mean (probably) less mana for you, but no mana for your opponents.
Its efficient, but your opponents could become kinda salty.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Jebble

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 01:42:42 pm »
Hmm, yeah that's not a bad idea. It can also be tutored with mystical tutor. Weathered wayfarer and Tolaria Vest can also get indestrucibile lands. Being a land or two ahead after an armageddon is no bad at all either, especially if you are ahead on the board as well. What you you take out for armaggedon - a regular board wipe? Maybe secure the wastes?

Thank you for taking a look at the deck :)

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 02:10:15 pm »
You're welcome ;)

Hmm.. since you have a average cmc of 3.15 and 37 lands i would cut Sejiri Refuge and Fulmigate. If you really need those lifepoints, something went wrong. In stead of Secure the Wastes i would add Make a Stand. that way you would have another option to protect some of your own lands while playing Armageddon.

Besides that you could think about all the non-basic lands you got in your deck. Maybe replace some slow/bad (like Sejiri Refuge) with basics. this would speed up the deck a little and help you getting the 7 plains needed for Emeria, the Sky Ruin. currently it will be hard to make use of it with 11 Plains in total.

Jebble

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 03:16:08 pm »

Revision 2

I removed some of the bad lands as you suggested. I completely agree that they are unnecessary, and the man should be good enough without them. More plains have been inserted for emeria, instead. I Chose to cut Entreat instead of Secure the wastes, because I own a Secure, but not a an Entreat.

The meta I play in is same what aggressive, so I really value some life gain cards, and fumigate is a good one.

I think make a stand is a bit to narrow. If I played more creatures it would be good.

Added Armageddon as you suggested. I enjoy the taste of salt :) 

Added/removed cards:
-1 Entreat the Angels
-1 Sejiri Refuge
-1 Tranquil Cove
+1 Armageddon

Changed amounts:
+2 Plains

havochoax

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 04:11:28 pm »
Armageddon seems counter intuitive to the making lands creatures If you a going to go that route add terra eternal

Jebble

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 04:56:08 pm »
Just found out that Terra Eternal is terrible with Armageddon as Terra Eternal gives ALL lands indestructible. So I am removing that card again.

Jebble

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 04:58:13 pm »

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 07:17:42 pm »
Hey,
ive got another idea, if you like salt: Magus of the Balance + Teferi's Protection.
Play the Magus, and if no one removes him, use him at your next turn, and react on that with teferis. that would clear remove hands, creatures and lands, except your stuff.

Besides that, what about a Merchant Scroll as additional tutor? its very limited but you still got like 15 possible targets.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 07:19:37 pm by Judaspriester »