deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Artifact Zombies feat. Bloodcrazed Paladin  (Read 183 times)

Finnish Flash

• Decks
[Standard] Artifact Zombies feat. Bloodcrazed Paladin
« on: October 23, 2018, 08:01:07 pm »
Artifact Zombies feat. Bloodcrazed Paladin

I used to play zombies before GRN and have been saddened of their demise. Have been thinking hard what would make them work in the new environment. Maybe there is a Golgari shell for them, but it's too expensive of an investment for me. This deck has no essential cards from GRN that would not have had a better replacement earlier. I also thinned the zombie shell a bit moving away from Death Baron in favour of Phylactery Lich. However, thin artifact removal and the disappearance of Abrade makes this work.

This deck aims to make the most synergy of made-up zombies with Liliana and artifacts.

Win conditions:
1/ Phyrexian Scriptures then one or two Bloodcrazed Paladin (note it gets a counter for every creature that died)
2/ One of nine 1 drop artifacts in play. Phylactery Lich then Phyrexian Scriptures.
3/ Infinite combo with Arcane Adoptation + Liliana, Untouched by Death + Chamber Sentry. CS can be in hand or graveyard. Either Sai, Master Thopterist Bloodcrazed Paladin in hand or graveyard.
4/ Artifacts in play then Phyrexian Scriptures
5/ Draw cards and gain life with a flipped Arguel's Bloodfast, especially good on a massive Paladin held by an enchantment

The deck has 9 cheap artifacts and should generate plenty of artifacts as treasures or fliers. Liliana also allows to cast artifacts from the graveyard if they are missing and this is the sole reason for Sparring Construct. The artifacts can be used in three ways: 1/ Phylactery counter storage, 2/ Mana source, 3/ Sai activation or 4/ Card draw.

Should have good matchups against strategies relying on destroy, graveyard or go wide creatures. A bit slow to start, but not terrible with 9 one drops. Might benefit from some lifegain, maybe Ajani's Welcome from white. Trouble with enhancements and exile. Thus sideboard heavily against white with one off-color Cleansing Nova.

Plenty of threaths to counter and several angles of attack.

Meerkoeter

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Artifact Zombies feat. Bloodcrazed Paladin
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 08:33:18 pm »
Very nice deck! I've been trying to make zombies work for a while, maybe this is the thing.

Have to add that Ifnir Deadlands is not legal anymore and how are you going to cast cleansing nova without Treasures or white producing lands in sideboard?

Meerkoeter

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 08:34:29 pm »
Oh sorry, I see Prying Blade is producing treasures. But only 2 just for memes?

Finnish Flash

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 09:46:59 pm »
Thanks!

I did not notice the Ifnir Deadlands. Left them there from the old deck. Thanks for pointing that out. Will edit.

The Cleansing Nova is pretty much required against white (or blue) as their enchantments can lock our game down. It also works great with the Paladin in case we need to destroy creatures. With fliers the Prying Blade's should hopefully also be able create some treasure.