deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Merfolk Tyranny  (Read 308 times)

lotusbloom

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Merfolk Tyranny
« on: November 08, 2018, 12:51:42 am »
Please tell me what you think and any tips to make a better deck from this.

side board are cards im looking to obtain to put in deck as i don't own them

Merfolk Tyranny

Tokens, tokens, counters, more counters and swing!

Jmen-tabarnak

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Merfolk Tyranny
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 01:34:03 am »
i suggest u play mystic remora, expropriate (or other extra turn) or even Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive could be good since u don't always have a lot of power on the table, caged sun could be good, even one of my favorite, thassa, god of the sea and bident of thassa

Slappy T-Rex

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 03:42:08 am »
That looks like a fun deck! I'd definitely go ahead and get Cyclonic Rift. I'm also a fan of Thada Adel, Acquisitor. It's fun card that can change the game in interesting ways, and she'd fit right in with your merfolk. Herald's Horn or Kefnet's Monument could also be worth considering to help you flood the board with merfolk even faster.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 04:42:14 am »
Unfortunately, Kefnet's monument is the worst of the monument cycle (most of them were pretty bad anyway). Sapphire Medallion would do you better, in every way.

You should definitely try to fit Cyclonic Rift into the deck somehow. Same is true for Path of Ancestry (it's strictly better than woodland Stream). Also, Simic Signet is a good replacement for Simic Cluestone.

Slappy T-Rex

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 05:26:03 am »
Good suggestion Morganator, Sapphire Medallion is better. There are still a lot of cards I'm not familiar with. Kindred Discovery could also be a nice one for this deck. You'd be drawing cards like crazy, plus it has merfolk on the card as an added bonus.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 05:53:20 am by Slappy T-Rex »

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 02:33:17 pm »
Are you sure about the amount of mana sources? It seems a little less for me. Replacing Woodland Stream and Thornwood Falls with basics could also help to speed up the deck.

Then I would suggest some spotremoval. Krosan Grip, Naturalize, Whirlwind would be a good point to start.

Besides that, I don't like Cursecatcher. He might be nice at turn 1-3, but with every turn passed he gets worse.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 04:26:24 pm »
Then I would suggest some spotremoval. Krosan Grip, Naturalize, Whirlwind would be a good point to start.

Besides that, I don't like Cursecatcher. He might be nice at turn 1-3, but with every turn passed he gets worse.

I agree with Krosan Grip, but not the others. Whirlwind is useful only in a meta with lots of flying (The Ur-Dragon, Kaalia of the Vast) and Naturalize is inferior to the other options you have (Deglamer, Nature's Claim, Chain of Vapor).

Meanwhile, Cursecatcher is one if the better Merfolk in this deck. It's one of those cards people tend to forget about, and it can delay the casting of Wrath of God by a turn. It's low mana, with a relevant effect.

lotusbloom

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 10:48:20 am »
Wow thanks for the tips I'll definitely be looking for these now

Kindred Discovery
Herald's Horn
Krosan Grip
Whirlwind (I'm so swamped with flyers in my meta)
Nature's Claim

My creatures don't stay small for long with so much card draw and +1/+1 counter adding they become scary, then with herald of secret streams to make them unblockable.

Also the Infinite counter spell combo
Lullmage+mentor & intruder alarm
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 11:02:13 am by lotusbloom »